When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Aquatimer

Romp

Hey guys,

Just went down to look at the genuine IWC Aquatimer - and all i can say is WOW

I didnt really give this watch too much consideration at first until the sales guy showed it to me!

I was most impressed with the Bezel! I didnt realise that the bezel which is inside the glass has a button which makes it rotate!

The stopwatch can even be used underwater!

I am so in love with the watch now and am trying to pin down a rep - but cant seem to find any.

Does a rep not exist?

I also tried on the Aquatimer Ti at the AD, some weeks ago.. A plain, but beutyful watch. L ove that bezel which can be rotated by a little button. Precise "clicks" with a feel that no replica will ever manage to duplicate...

I was not close on buying it at the AD, but it has given me some sleepless nights.. I have searced eBay and Timezones Sales Corner, but it is an expensive watch.

I think PC has a sort of a fantasy replica with an alarm and no date.. Looks good, but far from the gen.

I also tried on the Aquatimer Ti at the AD, some weeks ago.. A plain, but beutyful watch. L ove that bezel which can be rotated by a little button. Precise "clicks" with a feel that no replica will ever manage to duplicate...

I was not close on buying it at the AD, but it has given me some sleepless nights.. I have searced eBay and Timezones Sales Corner, but it is an expensive watch.

I think PC has a sort of a fantasy replica with an alarm and no date.. Looks good, but far from the gen.

I am very tempted to buy the gen ... i like it THAT much.

I tried on a black face with white hands and markers and SS case

Also tried on the titanium with yellow highlights.

But I liked the feel and look of the SS better in this case.

I did notice the deployment clasp was in titanium on the SS bracelet tho!! extra strength i guess:P

Cant wait to see the Cousteau - Do we know if it includes a rep piece of wood? :)

The blue with orange does look great.

I also scored a copy of the 2006 IWC catelogue when i was at the AD. Its like a hardcover book!

I tried the genuine at an AD 3 times already. It is a number 1 genuine watch to get on my list but now I want to play with the Cousteeu rep when it comes before I get the genuine SS Auquatimer Chrono.

yes i want the SS aquatimer chrono gen with the black and white face

Here's pic of my Aquatimer. I used to use it as my daily beater, but for the past couple of months, I've been wearing only reps. I don't know what happened to me after I found this forum two months ago......with 9 new reps, I haven't had time for the gens....... :black_eye:

182488-6831.jpg

182488-6832.jpg

182488-6833.jpg

182488-6834.jpg

182488-6835.jpg

182488-6836.jpg

I ponied up over $650 for the SS bracelet last year, but I almost never have it on. The rubber strap is so much more comfortable.

Here's pic of my Aquatimer. I used to use it as my daily beater, but for the past couple of months, I've been wearing only reps. I don't know what happened to me after I found this forum two months ago......with 9 new reps, I haven't had time for the gens....... :black_eye:

I think I just let out a little bit of wee. :animal_rooster:

Now. It will be mine now. Give it to me.

• 2 weeks later...

This is now on my list.

I have 5 IWC reps, a chrono, an F. A. Jones, A Power Reserve, a Big Pilot and an Aquatimer.

The Aquatimer has faux subdials, the inner bezel does not rotate and I was filing on the bracelet the other day to try to get it in shape and can see the brass under the grey bracelet color - but you can definitely see the potential in this rep if is done right. It also has two different lume colors on the hour hand and the minute hand. I don't know if this is the same on the gen. One is kind of greenish and the other is orangish. Looks intersting.

Usil