When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Rep - Daytona Ss - Trustytime

Niloc

MOVEMENT: New Asia 7750 Valjoux (28,800bph) CASE DIAMETER: 40mm THICKNESS: 14mm

DIAL COLOR: Silver Dial CASE MATERIAL: Stainless Steel 316L BRACELET: Stainless Steel 316L FRONT GLASS: Sapphire

BACK GLASS: Solid Case Back BEZEL: Solid SS with Tachymeter HACK MOVEMENT: Yes CLASP TYPE: Double Flip Lock

This is my first rep and my first attempt at using a makeshift light box to take the photographs.

I used a Canon Ixus 700 on a tripod, created a light box using a simple perspex box and covered it in printer paper, found a couple of lamps and illuminated it.

I put the watch around a black sock to give it a black background and then took numerous photos. The final photo which is far from perfect was

set at 1/25sec, aperture 2.8, spot metering, +1 exp, ISO 50, white balance tungsten. I got a real sense of achievement as I obtained the best photographs ever. That said the lighting is far from perfect, but it means I just have to keep on trying and learning from the tips on the forum which is good fun.

Cheers

Niloc :thumbsupsmileyanim:

post-4533-1168707019_thumb.jpg

post-4533-1168707058_thumb.jpg

Bump up your F-stop to F8 or F11. Looks like you have low light if this was at 1/25th at F 2.8 so this will make a loooong exposure but since it is already on a tripod - who cares. Probably come off with a white balence that will need adjusting too. Should see a dramatic sharpness improvement and your depth of field will improve too.

Since you have the light box and tripod, all of this is just camera settings and a little post processing. (A small amount of unsharp mask is usally needed on digital shots - depends - try with and without)

Usil

Edited by Usil

Here is one from Joshua! Hey Ubiquitus whichone is better?Some people say that Andrew and Josh have the same daytonas?What do you think?

183519-6538.jpg

183519-6539.jpg

183519-6540.jpg

183519-6541.jpg

183519-6542.jpg

183519-6543.jpg

Hi Having looked at the two photographs side by side I can see some differences between Andrews and Josh's

The crown guard on Andrews looks a bit flatter and the words Swiss Made are closer together on the dial on Andrews too.

Both watches look pretty good though.

Cheers

Niloc

Hi Having looked at the two photographs side by side I can see some differences between Andrews and Josh's

The crown guard on Andrews looks a bit flatter and the words Swiss Made are closer together on the dial on Andrews too.

Both watches look pretty good though.

Cheers

Niloc

Here is a photo of a genuine Daytona

post-4533-1168896804_thumb.jpg

This is the correct one

183540-6533.jpg

Hey genuine watch looks pretty cool, probably best not to compare my rep too closely with gen so that I can continue to delude myself

that I am wearing a replica masterpiece!!!!!.

Just have to keep looking for the mythical perfect rep.

Niloc

Edited by Niloc

elprimerozen-

Both pieces (yours and the original poster's) look nice- But there are definitely some (slight) differences between the two, and even more so when comparing to genuine.

Regardless, both are nice watches, especially considering that these are 'out of the box' (no mods).

Yes i could not put this better! You are correct.But i think my friend ubiquitous will agree with me that a nice rep Daytona is a very nice watch to have! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You know me... I love Daytonas :wub: The Daytona and the Classic Royal Oak Chronograph (e.g. ref 25860ST) are two of my all time favorite chronographs (I have a few more on my list, but these two remain high on the list).

BTW, EPZen, I really like the 116518 you got from Joshua... So much so, that I may have to pick one up despite my disdain for the modified 7750 seconds @ 6:00 movement...