When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2836-2 pulled out crown and stem :/

XM195

I have a problem with my new rep. After a few days of using I noticed that I set the date one day ahead. So basically I unscrewed the crown, pulled it a little and felt it goes too smoothly. Seems like the stem is loose and I managed to pull it out a little, but pushed it carefully back. How can I fix it? I heard that sometimes it's just loose screw holding the stem. I tried visiting local watchsmith but seems he was out :/ I'm also wondering if he'll be ok with fixing a rep.

There's no screw holding the stem in on a 2836.

Did you manage to correct the date?

My advice is, unscrew the crown and pull the stem out. If it comes all the way out, you have an issue with the keyless works. Any decent watchmaker can sort it out.

Even if it comes all the way out, you should be able to slide it back in again.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Pulled it carefully out. I couldn't correct the date, nor wind it. The watch it's not working right now cos I left it in a box today, but the movement continued to work earlier when I practically pulled the stem out. Hope this won't be expensive to fix. ddbee5d3f707d3b6bddb7e735c580c47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk