When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The £10 Pam

Markus

A friend of mine recently got back from Hong Kong and brought me back this Panerai rep that cost him £10. Thought you might be interested to see what the cheapest of the cheap looks like. It's as light as a feather, the case back is almost flat, the rubber strap attracts bits of fluff and dirt like you wouldn't believe and as for the crown! Well I think you can see for you self!

185742-6040.jpg

185742-6041.jpg

185742-6042.jpg

185742-6043.jpg

I don't have caseback opening tool but a rolled up ball of sticky tape got the back off with ease, no idea what the movement is...

185742-6044.jpg

185742-6045.jpg

Haven't tried the lume out, I'll see if I can get a shot of it today and post it later on...

PS sorry about the orange background, just got my first light tent today and the cleanest piece of cloth I could find to use for a background was an old bit of orange velvet...

Great watch! Congrats, wear it well! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Out of joke, not so bad after all for that price. The crown and caseback are major flaws, but the rest looks decent, CG included.

Isn't the movement the ubiquitary Asian 21J, copy of the Miyota 8215?

Ok here's a lume shot, charged under a spotlamp for about 3 minutes...

You'll need your sunglasses on to view this... ;)

185976-5972.jpg

And here a wristshot, possibly the only time I'll be wearing this watch. I'll hold onto it and give it one of my kids when they grow larger wrists!

185976-5973.jpg

That watch is awsome... it takes me back to the good old days of hustling around canal street ... i miss those movements.... its the same movement that powers my Roger Dubuis Gold Square ... and handful of my oldschool canal street rollies. That crown is abominable !!!! but you have got to love it. :thumbsupsmileyanim: