When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To Cyclops Or Not To Cyclops (gmt Ii)?

jacobsen1

Should I remove it?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I remove it?

• Leave it.
    • Take it off.

OK, got my first rep finally. I've always like rolexes professional watches, and I love the GMT, so this is what I got:

185876-6009.jpg

Now I've never really been a big fan of date bubbles. The GMT only comes with a date bubble so if I wanted a GMT it had to have one, and the GMT was the watch for me, at least as my first rep (of I'm sure many more to come...). But then after reading about more mods and other stuff on the forums I've learned I can just heat this little sucker up and remove it. I can also put it back on at a later date if I decide to from what I've read... So would you guys remove it, or leave it alone? I don't really care that it would be less accurate w/o it, it's just the though I might mess something up in the process. How hard is it to get one off with the torch technique?

Thanks,

Ben

If you're careful and take your time it's absolutely possible to remove the cyclops without damage - but I don't know

your skills, therefore this is your decision.

Another point: I often realise that I dislike some details on watches and/or complete models at first sight, later on

this changes sometimes - perhaps because I get more and more used to the look or whatever.

As you pointed out the watch would be inaccurate without the cyclops, but you wrote also that this would be no Problem

for you. I just would suggest that you wear the GMT as it is for a while and observe if the look grows on you, if not

you can remove it anyway...

I just would suggest that you wear the GMT as it is for a while and observe if the look grows on you, if not

you can remove it anyway...

Yeah, that's what I've been doing all week... I guess i should give it a few more days before I decide, but so far after 3 days I still don't like it yet...

Thanks,

Ben