When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More Pics Of My Gmt Ii.

jacobsen1

Playing around with my camera and watch some more. This time getting a little closer. These are all the full image from the camera, IE no cropping, but a bit of PS work. Let me know what you think.

186033-5945.jpg

186033-5946.jpg

186033-5947.jpg

Now I need to get some more watches to take pictures of because even my old swiss and Nixon are boring now... :lol:

Ben

Playing around with my camera and watch some more. This time getting a little closer. These are all the full image from the camera, IE no cropping, but a bit of PS work. Let me know what you think.

I think you need a polarising filter or a bit more photoshop in the first picture.

They're great, though.

I think you need a polarising filter or a bit more photoshop in the first picture.

They're great, though.

I've never been a big fan of filters (age old debate I know), but I can see how a polarizer would be very nice to get if I keep doing a lot of watches. The crystal is a PITA for sure.

Thanks,

Ben

The crystal is a PITA for sure.

Here's a 2-sec fix. This would be a lot cleaner if you were to work on it before reducing the image:

186081-5940.jpg

Please excuse my fiddling, but your pics are already very good and I'm just adding a touch more. If your pics were rubbish, I'd not be shoppin' them.

186085-5938.jpg

186085-5939.jpg

So how much contrast did you add, and/or any other tricks?

I was too lazy to do the eliptical selection on the crystal. :lol: actually looking at your shot next to mine, I can see you at least got the bezel too...

and don't worry about the PSing it, I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by jacobsen1

So how much contrast did you add, and/or any other tricks?

I was too lazy to do the eliptical selection on the crystal. :lol: actually looking at your shot next to mine, I can see you at least got the bezel too...

and don't worry about the PSing it, I appreciate the help.

All "levels" palette work. Elliptical selection over the dial, as per, then levels it up, inverse the selection and move the gamma (the middle pointer in levels) left and right until it's good.

That's all.

i like the original version better. it seems more honest to me somehow...

The point of Photoshop, for me, is to show what I see, not what the camera sees. When you put a watch under lights you get a blanched crystal and a lot of visible dust that you wouldn't normally see. So, I put the photo through the ringer just to get it back to how I actually see the watch.