When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally My Hublot Big Bang Stainless Steel Arrived

Guest RiverwindMDS

Guest RiverwindMDS

Today my dream watch finally arrived, I really loved it from the first time I saw it.

But when it arrived my first big disappointment, one letter in the rotor falled down... But the words on the back with naked eyes is relly difficolt to see the difference with the original.

188301-5332.jpg

Then I decided to try to solve it myself opening the caseback:

188301-5333.jpg

Problem solved the best way I could...

188301-5334.jpg

And now some shots:

188301-5335.jpg

Look at the fantastic AR and unfortunately at the misaligned marker at 30.

Other pictures:

188301-5336.jpg

188301-5337.jpg

188301-5338.jpg

188301-5339.jpg

188301-5340.jpg

188301-5341.jpg

This is the part with some problems in tha buckle, it is too sharp and can cause some pain, I think in order to use it more comfortably I'll have to make it smoother:

188301-5342.jpg

At the end it is a stunning timepiece, with a really nica ar and some minor flaws. The rotor is so smooth you can barely hear it. It is the closer rep to 1:1 I have ever seen, and it is a real difficolt watch to copy...

Nice piece ! Enjoy wearing it. Big Bang Baby !

The fallen off sticker is a shame (especially for this high price !!), but some of us have predicted it will happen. It also looks as if the last three letters of "Geneve" are not perfectly aligned, i mean they are closer to the top on the rotor. Could be the light though.

How about convincing the maker to NOT put any stickers on the rotor and we can all let the rotor be engraved professionally ourselves. Should be possible, as I understand that the real reason the maker wont do it is not that it could break but that the rotor guarantee would be violated.

Hopefully all the flaws we have seen in the past will be corrected in future releases. <_<

At this point the HBB has slightly dissapointed me (although I still think its the project with the most effort in terms of involving us, attention to detail and quality and variety of matrials used)

I start hoping for an AD-proof (the new category as 1:1 has been abused too many times I reckon) IWC now...Jaques Cousteau, sauvez-moi !

Guest RiverwindMDS

I think it is a really good rep. And if you want you can take out the stickers and get it engraved. But I really think also this way is not bad, you have to look it really carefully and knowing they are stickers to find it out.

In reality they are really small.

They are a bit misaligned in mine because one was felt down and the V is clearly misaligned.

is this 10 and 20 supposed to be at different levels in the 3 o' clock dial?

real shame this guys go to all the trouble to make the case and strap and cannot even get the chrono hands to stay on or all the other quality control problems....

I just do not get it......no pride at all.

I would take off the stickers for fear they will fall into the movement... that would be the major suckage...

To answer my own question ....just looked at a gen and yes they are supposed to be even...the 10 and 20 on the 3'o clock dial.

Why in the hell does a mistake like that happen?

What is wrong with these people? Do they really have no eye for detail? Why go through all the trouble of making the case if you cannot print the dial correctly. A 13 year old could line up those on the dial.

I just do not understand the sloppy trash along side brilliant work from our makers..........

it is a shame...

is this 10 and 20 supposed to be at different levels in the 3 o' clock dial?

real shame this guys go to all the trouble to make the case and strap and cannot even get the chrono hands to stay on or all the other quality control problems....

I just do not get it......no pride at all.

Yeah, really is a shame that such a meticoulously copied watch gets such shoddy workmanship. Stickers falling off? Markers askew? Dial print not aligned? Come on!!! I'm not surprise, tho. Had this watch recieved massive accolades from members and the quality was up to snuff, this would have been the blockbuster that the mfgr probably expected. But we're all now seeing that this watch needs more work in the QC department before we plunk down our $500.

Guest RiverwindMDS
To answer my own question ....just looked at a gen and yes they are supposed to be even...the 10 and 20 on the 3'o clock dial.

Why in the hell does a mistake like that happen?

What is wrong with these people? Do they really have no eye for detail? Why go through all the trouble of making the case if you cannot print the dial correctly. A 13 year old could line up those on the dial.

I just do not understand the sloppy trash along side brilliant work from our makers..........

it is a shame...

Sorry but I son't see that problem, and now the watch with the letter putted in the right place is working perfectly.

Guest RiverwindMDS
Riverwind-

Glad to hear you are happy with the watch. Is the date sink really noticeable on this one? It drove me nuts on the Asian 196. That is what has held me back. The Zigmeister can fix everything else. :)

It is not very noticeable in my opinion, not at all, especially because the original has the same sunkend datewheel cause of the same configuration of the movement.

I would say to you go for it.

It really feels good on the wirst.

And the crystal is amazing. The best AR I've ever seen on a rep...

The problem is that I'm alwais looking at it...

Please do not take offense...

the 10 and 20 and not aligned....it is not slight, looks like garbage if you look closely to enjoy the dial.

Part of being into nice watches is having a special eye for detail and appreciation for it

So everytime someone posts to the forum that a MAJOR problem does not bother them or they do not see it I am sure the makers are pleased.......thinking "see they will buy anything! no need to improve!"

No problem...

Guest RiverwindMDS

the 10 and 20 and not aligned....it is not slight, looks like garbage if you look closely to enjoy the dial.

Part of being into nice watches is having a special eye for detail and appreciation for it

So everytime someone posts to the forum that a MAJOR problem does not bother them or they do not see it I am sure the makers are pleased.......thinking "see they will buy anything! no need to improve!"

You are right.

Guest RiverwindMDS

Thank you for finding out that big flaw, I informed Angus about the problem and we'll see.

I hope for the next versions of the big bang will solve that problem.

I am pretty sure future releases will be even better. There will be even more great attention paid to details.

@chad: Instead of complaining about the flaws, just send an email to Angus tell him the flaw and he will most likely correct it.

This project is different from previous ones as we know Angus also has the desire to make it perfect and he will even try to convince the maker about all flaws we have been pointing out so far. We gotta appreciate this. We finally have some control on whats being released !

Enjoy the day :)

Guest RiverwindMDS
I am pretty sure future releases will be even better. There will be even more great attention paid to details.

@chad: Instead of complaining about the flaws, just send an email to Angus tell him the flaw and he will most likely correct it.

This project is different from previous ones as we know Angus also has the desire to make it perfect and he will even try to convince the maker about all flaws we have been pointing out so far. We gotta appreciate this. We finally have some control on whats being released !

Enjoy the day :)

But chad was very helpful because nobody noticed that...That's amazing.

But chad was very helpful because nobody noticed that...That's amazing.

Sure, dont get me wrong, no offense here. I am just trying to say that we can do more than just point out flaws, we can email directly with the hope that corrections will be made as soon as possible ! Life is good :)

Guest RiverwindMDS
Sure, dont get me wrong, no offense here. I am just trying to say that we can do more than just point out flaws, we can email directly with the hope that corrections will be made as soon as possible ! Life is good :)

This time I made it...

And now the HBB is always on my wirst...

My BB is on my wrist everyday since I got it so it's like 31 days already.

In my whole rep history there was no other watch that got sticked to my wrist for that long!

I am lucky that I do not have any problems with mine, letters on the rotor are OK, all hands are aligned, all markers are OK.

And to be honest - even though I stare at this watch like almost couple of hours each day I didn't notice that 10 and 20 issue on the subdial.

And it does not bother me at all.

This watch is fantastic!

Cheers!

Dear Chad,

Thank you for pointing out the flaws, I will tell the watch maker about this.

I do know if you follow this project closely, I have posted the pics of this HBB a long time before it releases, people pointed out flaws and we tried our best to correct it.

Please do not think on your own way about what people do, you have to ask first, the watch maker and me are always trying to build a watch without flaws, the factory workers do not know anything, they have high-tech machinery but they are very careless, the watch maker work until 2-3am midnight for QC the watches. Can you guarantee you will discover all flaws by only yourself?

Please don't be offended, I just feel you are complaining in a wrong way. the reason I post prototype's pics here because I need all your help to make this perfect. I feel very sad to see your words honestly... take an example on the BCE, some forum members discovered the date window issue and the 12 o'clock printing issue right before the watch is being released, I reported this to the watch maker and he found this cannot be fixed with the existing dials, he had never thought of selling those to the market but he re-make all the dials.

I am pleased most of you are still supporting my work on replica production, Marco has about 5 mails a day concerning the HBB issues.

I am happy you can send me e-mails about the HBB flaws and we can work together to make more perfect reps in the future.

My e-mail is puretime2005@gmail.com in case you do not have.

Cheers,

Angus

Please do not think on your own way about what people do, you have to ask first, the watch maker and me are always trying to build a watch without flaws, the factory workers do not know anything, they have high-tech machinery but they are very careless, the watch maker work until 2-3am midnight for QC the watches. Can you guarantee you will discover all flaws by only yourself?

At $450 a watch, he can hire less careless workers. That'd solve the problems. :D

Remember, you're selling the watches, not the factory: The buck stops with you, I'm afraid. :(