When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally My Hublot Big Bang Stainless Steel Arrived

Guest RiverwindMDS

At $450 a watch, he can hire less careless workers. That'd solve the problems. :D

Remember, you're selling the watches, not the factory: The buck stops with you, I'm afraid. :(

I think you are not very familiar with the replica production hirachy.

The structures are:

Factories --> Watch Maker --> Dealers --> Customers

They are individual parties, the Factory produces watches with the information provided by the Watch Maker, there are varies factories involved in ONE watch production, the dial factory, case factory, crystal factory, hands factory, leather factory, bracelet factory, movement factory and finally the watch assembling watchsmiths. The HBB maker bought a genuine HBB for replication but the Factories still made many mistakes, that is why the Watch Maker has to QC everything.

For usual practice, only watch makers are involved in QC, but for this HBB, both the watch maker, dealer and customers are involved in QC, this brought us a more perfect watch, but not a 100% perfect watch, if this new practice is not taken place, the HBB would have been released with even more flaws.

Yes I am selling watches, I sell only the best watches in the market, that is why I want to make my every watch perfect before it releases. I just felt I did too much to stop your buck with me. I think you also took part in the HBB QC, please understand our situation, we never produce a watch with known flaws, the factory only produce what we ask them to produce, that is why our existance is very important.

Breitling SteelFish and Chopard GT are being released, all flaws have been reported to the watch maker and he had also informed the factory, I am 100% sure we can still point out minor flaw when the final watch is released but I think a 100% perfect rep will never exist, I am happy to wear a "near perfect" watch, do you?

Angus,

Please don't take this as a tongue in cheek response, I am perfectly serious.

It would appear from what you say, that we, ( and I use the collective we.. being the members of all the rep forums)

are in fact the technical advisers to these projects. ( to a greater or lesser degree)

I can understand, having spent much time sourcing other product in SE Asia, how frustrating it is , for the "message" to not really get finally through.

However the final result, is that the manufacturer/ watchmaker/dealer, end up with a far superior product, due in some degree to the feedback received from the "technical advisers"

If this is correct, may I respectfully suggest, that the accountants/financiers of these projects, give consideration to adopting a multi level price structure for the finished components.

So if your target selling price for a given piece, was (say)$350, you build in to your pricing an allowance for sales to TA's, (Technical Advisers) where that price , reflected the extra $$ you will achieve in sales to the General Public. (due to a better product) Therefore you may marginally raise your "Retail" selling price, to say $375, but at the same time offer to your group of TA's (us) a discounted price for the input.

Say $250 or $300!!!

Don't think thats too difficult math, or business acumen... it would encourage more input to the final product... maybe that Holy Grail .. the Perfect Rep, could be produced...........eventually. ( And think of the retail profits from such a piece)

Multi level pricing would be a benefit to everyone..... or am I just " pissing in to the wind" with this..... Can the factories/ watchmakers/ financiers/ dealers, see any logic in this approach?

Am interested to hear your take on this concept.

Offshore

I think you are not very familiar with the replica production hirachy.

I am not as familiar with you, obviously, but I am not naive.

If you are selling watches coming off the factory defective, should we, the customers get you to fix it or should we petition the factory? The answer is obvious. We give you the money and you give us the watch. We have no contact with the watchsmith or the factory, so we can only ever contact you. If you want to act as the sole dealer in the transaction, you are 100% responsable. If it works, you'll be getting 100% of the profits and if it doesn't, you'll be getting 100% of the hassle.

Don't pass the buck, you stand to do very well out of this if you sort it out. We're here to help you in this and future projects if you show us you can make it work.

Guest RiverwindMDS

I think Angus did the best he could in order to get this masterpiece to us in the best way possible.

There were some qc issues in the first shipping then resolved.

And please don't attack the only dealer who is helping us to get a better rep with our suggestions.

It's not right to attack this way a dealer who tryed to do the best he can, and everyone had problems with the HBB got a refound or something to make him happy.

I will support angus because it is really simple to sell the watches like the other dealers do, he tryed to do some collaborative innovation with the calients and did a great job and I will support him for that.

And please don't attack the only dealer who is helping us to get a better rep with our suggestions.

It's not right to attack this way a dealer who tryed to do the best he can, and everyone had problems with the HBB got a refound or something to make him happy.

I'm not attacking him, or at least I don't think I am.

:blink:

I sincerely don't beleive anyone is "attacking" a dealer. This is known as constructive criticism, and there is a huge gap between the two.

Just let the process flow.

Offshore

That is what a constructive critism will do...attack and advice..

The QC is a must for all the watches that you rep for 1:1...but still there is no such thing of 1:1...the HBB is a great watch..but not so much great for the price...for a lot of people...and the QC too..

I still waiting to get 'something' to solve my own HBB QC problem. and I've only wear it for a few days, and its been a feww weeks I've not be able to wear it. The QC is really important if it sell at that price..Please all the makers look into it..otherwise...nothing much can I say...

I'm sorry but it sounded for me like an attack.

In my opinion a constructive criticism is much more friendly. Sorry, just my opinion

It wasn't an attack. I tend not to overly embellish my speech when talking to most dealers as English isn't their first language and I don't want the message to get obfuscated in flowery prose.

I have nothing against Angus, and I was merely suggesting that he be proactive in the QC issues on a watch he's charging $450 for when he's the exclusive dealer.

Actually, Pug you can come off as high and mighty.

I truly believe Angus is doing his best. Here is the internal conflict I feel. I genuinely believe efforts like Angus' are noble and result in a better product yet history has proven that first generation reps often do not have the QC issues sorted out. Don't have an answer as I always want to support improvements.

I look at his two latest reps - Breitling Chronomat and HBB. The chronomat is a natural extension of the last version and as such I am comfortable buying it. The HBB has a much higher level of complexity and as such I decided to wait until the next gen comes out which I believe it is. If Angus can really get his hands on the first batch before they are sent out that is a great answer. I suspect that may often be difficult though.

Actually, Pug you can come off as high and mighty.

Yes, I suppose I can, especially when what I consider a throwaway comment is now scrutinised for motive.

It's getting harder to post here without being judged on my tone, and I believe that's part of the price for actually standing up and saying something. Should I continue to post the way I feel or should I censor myself so as not to offend?

It's a tough choice and I think I'd rather be right than loved (I don't come on the internet to be liked - that way lies madness) so I'm going to have to continue coming off as high and mighty, I'm afraid. Just assume I'm not actually like that in real life. :D