When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you replace the knurled pins of Oyster bracelet links?

RickFlorida

I would like to be able to replace old and tired knurled pins in an oyster bracelet but wasn't sure if it's really possible with those fancy Jubilee and oyster pin removing tools that cost up to 800 bucks.   Has anyone make their own tool to separate the Oyster links of a 93150 bracelet and then replace the knurled pins?  I suppose it's a matter of evenly separating the pins from the top and the bottom.  I'm patient and would rather build a jig than pay 400 to 800 bucks for the tool.

I think the Jubillee separating tool actually is the more complicated tool to build comparted to the Oyster but it's hard to tell just from photo graphs.   I almost am tempted to buy one, then take all the measurements, and then return it and try to build my own.  But has anyone found a fast way to do this? (remove the links and replace without a really fancy jig )?

There was a tutorial here a decade ago about using single edge razor blades to separate the halves. Seems like it would be pretty easy, just don’t cut your fingertips off.

Consider Michael Young too, he can make your band look and feel like new.