When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 6152/1 Project With Angelus Questions

Guest RiverwindMDS

Guest RiverwindMDS

I just found two Angelus SF240 movements with stem and alarm and I want to make a watch from them.

I really need a lot of advices of where to start from.

-The most difficolt thing in these days for me is to find a dial for that, I need someone that can find a Dial for me or someone who knows a watchsmith that can do a custom made dial for me. I need the Panerai Luminor Marina Militare dial With seconds at 9 and the dials for the other movements are not good because the position of the 9 o'clock seconds is different. This is the dial I'm searching for:

188661-5289.jpg

-Second really difficolt thing, I'm searching for a Watchsmith that can Create a plate (I don't know if the word in english is that) of more or less 1mm to cover the third gear of the alarm and make it seem like the original, anyone that can do something like that.

188661-5290.jpg

-Last thing in your opinion what is the best caseset to use for this project, I caontacted Davidsen bue he doesn't have the V crown I'm searching for.

188661-5291.jpg

Thanks to anyone for your help, any help is really appreciated. Please PM me or send me a mail to: riverwindmds@gmail.com

I really appreciate any help.

Guest RiverwindMDS
Initial thing you should look for is a transfer gear and jewel plugged assembly to take a running seconds at 9 as those SF240 don't usually come with a second...

Can you help me with that?

Guest RiverwindMDS
Why don't you put the movement to a BASE dial???? Much much easier to do and equally beautiful result...

No, my dream is the one with seconds at 9, If I wanted the one witouth seconds at 9 I would have gone for the rolex movement.

If anybody can help me with this project any help would be buch appreciated.

Guest RiverwindMDS
My suggestion would be going for a base model...

Getting the seconds in place is on the one hand very complicated and involves heavy toolage and expertise only very very good watchmakers have - I know one who did a similar project for me, but it was more like a fantasy and fun model - which had the seconds, minute and hour gears transferred to other locations, creating some sort of regulateur watch... but getting a second where there never was one is a different story, not sure if he can or wnat s to do that... and now on the other hand - it's very expensive to do that, sourcing dial, case, hands etc etc... and the bridgeplate covering the alarm gear...

Please Oliver help me with that. Ask him, swear him to help me. For me it is not a matter of time neither the money, I love that watch. so please help me.

For the case I don't have many problems, the movement and dial are the real problems.

Swear him to help me...

Guest RiverwindMDS
Marco - if you think it's "[censored]ing crazy" then please don't do such a franken job... the sf240 are going over 1 grand at the moment if stem wound. the work by a watchmaker is also not free... and it takes tiiiimmmmeeeeeee. So I am sure you will be okay with River... his is already there... but I will ask my master watchy and see what he says...

I already have two movements.

I don't care about the price of the watchmaker. But paying only a movement more than 2400 dollars is something crazy...

Please ask him if he can help me, I prefer to pay a watchmaker than only a movement...

Guest RiverwindMDS
I already have two movements.

I don't care about the price of the watchmaker. But paying only a movement more than 2400 dollars is something crazy...

If it was the non alarm version it would be different ad the price also but with alarm that price is too much for the only movement.

Guest RiverwindMDS
I doubt River will help you (even if you do have similar names :D)

However, you do have a helpful PM now ;)

Many many many thanks.

You don't know how much I appreciate your help!

Guest RiverwindMDS
Any chance of sharing the info you've got? That way the next person who comes along with an Angelus project doesn't have to jump through the same hoops as you ...

I'll surly give all the informations needed when i have some that can be used. Now I have some informations that all have to be confirmed. I'll make a step by step of this project.

But now I really have to do anything, I need all the informations possible because now I have to be confirmed on all of them.

So If anybody have other informations they're much needed.

Guest RiverwindMDS
I can point you in the direction of several people who could make that bridgeplate in five minutes provided they have a the specs...probably be a couple or three hundred bucks for a one piece deal though...

Thank you very much, send me a mail at riverwindmds@gmail.com with their address...

Thanks

Thank you very much, send me a mail at riverwindmds@gmail.com with their address...

Thanks

Email on the way as soon as I compile everyone's contact info in one place...IMPORTANT: After working on a few projects that need the expertise outside of our community, I heartily reccomend (and, in fact, demand if you are using a source I provide you) that the purpose of all projects is discussed honestly but so as not to burden anyone with any concerns about trademarks, nightmares about C&D's from mean lawyers, etc. Phrases like "I need this to restore a watch to it's original appearance" or even just "I need a few watch parts made" have always served me perfectly well.

Also, I've gotten a few PM's from people I don't know...I know there's no way to say this w/o sounding like a [censored], but unless you're an oldtimer or we've previously communicated at length about projects as RiverwindMDS and I have, don't bother to ask me for any "leads" for printers, CNC shops, etc.

Guest RiverwindMDS
Email on the way as soon as I compile everyone's contact info in one place...IMPORTANT: After working on a few projects that need the expertise outside of our community, I heartily reccomend (and, in fact, demand if you are using a source I provide you) that the purpose of all projects is discussed honestly but so as not to burden anyone with any concerns about trademarks, nightmares about C&D's from mean lawyers, etc. Phrases like "I need this to restore a watch to it's original appearance" or even just "I need a few watch parts made" have always served me perfectly well.

Also, I've gotten a few PM's from people I don't know...I know there's no way to say this w/o sounding like a [censored], but unless you're an oldtimer or we've previously communicated at length about projects as RiverwindMDS and I have, don't bother to ask me for any "leads" for printers, CNC shops, etc.

Thank you very much Archibald for always being so kind, you are a true resource for our community!

I'm waiting impatiently for your email.