When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronographs... what's your opinion?

By-Tor

Are you part Japanese ? If not, I give you honorary membership !

Years of Kendo and Iaido (courtesy of three GREAT Japanese Sensei) have given me a bit of an 'edge' (no pun intended) where things like this are concerned, but no, I'm not Japanese.

Just a Canadian-born, lilly-white Irishman (except in the summer, when the sun turns me a very, very angry shade of red... :wub: ).

I am interested in your membership, though. Can I get a card or something? :)

"Then there was this Daytona with correct subdial spacing (and running seconds at 6'o'clock) but completely faux, non-working chrono and non-responding pushers.

What do I think? I wouldn't mind getting a faux chrono and non-working pushers if the watch looks great and the price was reasonable. "

Answer:

I have a faux Chrono Black Dial Daytona with silver dials that is ideal. I have had it for close to 3 years and while I don't wear any replica that much (I have over 80 watches, yes I know I have a problem) the watch has been flawless and the dial is dead-on accurate. It is one of the few watches I would go into a real dealer with and compare to the original. In fact, I have done this and compared the watch to the real SS Black Daytona and there was no visible difference. Even the dealer who looked at the watch on my wrist could not tell a difference and was sticking to me like glue ("I smell a commission"). I even took the watch to the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and was lucky enough to get into the Rolex Hospitality suite and while I could see folks looking at the watch no one could tell, not even the Rolex folks. The other nice thing about these Faux Chrono watches with a running constant second hand at 6 is that the pushers screw down so there is less chance that someone will run the chronograph if you show them the watch.

Anyway, my point in this reply is that the 7750 has a dial spacing problem (not to mention the movement) and this faux chrono minimizes mechanical problems, while maximizing the accuracy of the dial!!

Mine was not cheap but less than a problematic 7750!!

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare