When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tt Sub Black Blue

tonyp1

I just bought two from Andrew Black&Blue. I bought the models that have the correct "solid gold" middle link. I know all the flaws on this watch crown too big, gold off color ect. Ill never wear it around people who know these watches but that goes for all my reps. So does anyone have these watches? What are your impressions? I have read By-tors excellent article but the models he reviewed had the incorrect middle links. Are the newer versions of this watch better than the models he reviewed. Im worried now cause im reading stories of brass tarnishing through gold in as little as a couple of weeks?

Edited by tonyp1

I just bought two from Andrew Black&Blue. I bought the models that have the correct "solid gold" middle link. I know all the flaws on this watch crown too big, gold off color ect. Ill never wear it around people who know these watches but that goes for all my reps. So does anyone have these watches? What are your impressions? I have read By-tors excellent article but the models he reviewed had the incorrect middle links. Are the newer versions of this watch better than the models he reviewed. Im worried now cause im reading stories of brass tarnishing through gold in as little as a couple of weeks?

I have black and gold sub purchased from Andrew. It is the 14k version I usually wear it a couple of times a week and so far looks good. I have about a dozen watches so none get worn any more than a couple of days in row. I believe based on limited wear it should stand up very well. It has about 5 microns of gold plate. When competed to other plated watches I have had 5 microns is about half the thickness of say a Longines. I wore a 10 micron 14k Longines 3 years before the base metal showed through. This was wearing that watch every day.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how well your gold plate will wear. I am assuming you have the 14k version rather the 18k version as I have now experienced with that version.

Cheers

I have black and gold sub purchased from Andrew. It is the 14k version I usually wear it a couple of times a week and so far looks good. I have about a dozen watches so none get worn any more than a couple of days in row. I believe based on limited wear it should stand up very well. It has about 5 microns of gold plate. When competed to other plated watches I have had 5 microns is about half the thickness of say a Longines. I wore a 10 micron 14k Longines 3 years before the base metal showed through. This was wearing that watch every day.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how well your gold plate will wear. I am assuming you have the 14k version rather the 18k version as I have now experienced with that version.

Cheers

Tony are you also worried about delivery:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=190877

or have you had a nasty letter?

JTB

Yes and no. Im more worried about being out of $600 dollars than Rolex suing me. Honestly not to sound like a tuff guy they cant get blood from a turnip lol. I guess If they wanted to they could send me to jail but I think they got more beef with the dealers than the people that buy these things.