When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Po 42.5mm

jsw

I've just received a PO 42.5mm from Andrew. It is an outstanding watch and many of the mentioned flaws (misaligned HE valve) are not that obvious to me. One problem I do have is that there is a large gap between the clasp (closest to the engraving) and the bracelet. I'm curious to know if this is gap that is often mentioned when taking about the watch, I always thought that this was where the bracelet attached to the watch.

Will a genuine bracelet fit this watch? If so where is a good place to buy the whole assembly including the clasp?

JSW

Will a genuine bracelet fit this watch? If so where is a good place to buy the whole assembly including the clasp?

JSW

Yes, a genuine 20mm bracelet will fit, but just buy a clasp. It is the only significant difference to the gen. Ofrei has the clasp. Make sure you don't get the 22mm version for the larger PO. I accidentally bought a (used) gen clasp for the 45m PO that I can't use now.

jsw, I have a Joshua 42.5mm PO and there is not a gap between the clasp & bracelet. There is the one at the endlinks which we all know about and this would be an easy fix if correct endlinks were available.

You may have a defective clasp and perhaps your dealer can be of help. OEM are avaiable from Ofrei as is the brecelet but the latter is pricey.

The HE valve may be off but if it is, it cannot be by more than by a gnat's hair. :D It looks darn accurate to me.

This is a damn good rep!

you can bend theclasp a bit to get rid of the gap. on the most narrow section of the inner clasp where it attaches to the bracelet there is a indent. kind of a U shape section. bend it in here a bit and it's good to go. the endlinks to first links gap is horrible and cannot be fixed as i can see.... i'd ditch the bracelet and get a rubber strap. if you like the steel the only choice is step up to the 45mm ultimate version which has a perfect bracelet and also better all around. the genuine bracelet costs $495! enough $$$ for a gen rubber strap for your 42mm AND an ultimate 45mm!

Engraving is correct on 42.5mm PO. Anyway, U can use a pliers to slightly bend the clasp as ByTor described. Here is the genuine clasp (90USD from ofrei, bracelet number 952) vs 4th gen rep clasp. The genuine will fit like charm as you can see from the picture.

193257-4427.jpg

Thanks for the comparison. Can you point me in the direction of ByTor's post where he described bending the U bend?

Thanks,

JSW

Engraving is correct on 42.5mm PO. Anyway, U can use a pliers to slightly bend the clasp as ByTor described. Here is the genuine clasp (90USD from ofrei, bracelet number 952) vs 4th gen rep clasp. The genuine will fit like charm as you can see from the picture.

193304-4424.jpg

It is under his Omega PO review. If I remember correctly, no picture given but it's pretty self explanatory. Sorry that I don't have the link. You may wish to view his signature. Sometimes he links it from there or you can search this forum. It's Omega 4th gen review.