When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

norcal/sfbay area get together?

towcat

how about pyramid brewery in berkley? or is that too far from pleasanton?

few things...first, in consideration for the central valley people, Pleasanton is not a harsh of a run compared to going in the SF or Berkley. I'd like to make this one as acessable to as many who would like to show up. second, parking in berkley for large vehicles sucks. third, ideas for where was put forth already and has been agreed upon. Chicken Manny has ideas on locations but he needs to scout out the most suitable for potential rain or not. Perhaps the next gathering could be held there, but I'd like to stay with the first choice for this gathering.

Here's what I propose.....

1pm at the Hopyard rest. I am thinking at this moment a table for three...maybe four if a friend of mime wants to show up too. He just got bit by the rep bug. Why 1pm? the bulk of the lunch rush should be over and we won't be as hurried. any other thoughts?

and the wrapup........

Well...the first rep watch norcal lunch meeting was attended by Chicken Manny and I. I am quite sure the waitress didn't care for us hogging a table for a few hours, but I think she got over it. In short, the best of the rep watch world has to offer was shown as well as the worst examples(somewhat) of what canal street had to offer was there too. Those of you who could show up really should next time. Chicken Manny has some of the most incredible pieces to show. Pics don't do these watches justice. You just have to see/touch and feel them just to appreciate just how well built they are. His PAM 187 is a must see and feel! As far as the Rolexes goes, in order to be really appreciated, they should be put side-by-side and the differences are incredible. I had my black bezel China special, pepsi Klink special and Manny's LV gmt put nexto to each other and the differences were very obvious(outside of the bezel color). Final agreement....the best reps were a true work of art and the canal street specials were still solid deals.

As long as I am in town, I don't mind setting up a monthly or bi-monthly get together, I think its a great way to see the stuff you wouldn't normally buy and it might even convince you to go after one. I know that a PAM 29 and a 187 is on my list of "must buy" in the near future. Also, for those of you who want to do something a little more than just eat and drool at watches, possibilities of heading to the range to kill some paper targets is a definite possibility too. Bottom line....show up and have fun!

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I would love to attend some sort of get together, unfortunatley I work 6 days a week but if we could set a date 3-4 weeks prior I would definetley attend. I don't have much to show off but what I do have is pretty nice. Anyway, glad you two had a good time, count me in on the next get together. I am in Sacramento so anywhere in the area here or the Bay Area is good. -MIKE

and the wrapup........

Well...the first rep watch norcal lunch meeting was attended by Chicken Manny and I. I am quite sure the waitress didn't care for us hogging a table for a few hours, but I think she got over it. In short, the best of the rep watch world has to offer was shown as well as the worst examples(somewhat) of what canal street had to offer was there too. Those of you who could show up really should next time. Chicken Manny has some of the most incredible pieces to show. Pics don't do these watches justice. You just have to see/touch and feel them just to appreciate just how well built they are. His PAM 187 is a must see and feel! As far as the Rolexes goes, in order to be really appreciated, they should be put side-by-side and the differences are incredible. I had my black bezel China special, pepsi Klink special and Manny's LV gmt put nexto to each other and the differences were very obvious(outside of the bezel color). Final agreement....the best reps were a true work of art and the canal street specials were still solid deals.

As long as I am in town, I don't mind setting up a monthly or bi-monthly get together, I think its a great way to see the stuff you wouldn't normally buy and it might even convince you to go after one. I know that a PAM 29 and a 187 is on my list of "must buy" in the near future. Also, for those of you who want to do something a little more than just eat and drool at watches, possibilities of heading to the range to kill some paper targets is a definite possibility too. Bottom line....show up and have fun!

Aww man! Sorry I missed it.....but I did recently get my CZ 75 out of storage....so killing tree's could be in order....