When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

norcal/sfbay area get together?

towcat

Towcat,

Best of luck with the planning of your event. On a sidenote, you should find a new avatar, as yours is owned by the one and only Dutchy.

Cheers,

Esmarc :pimp:

Thanks Esc my man!

....indeed.....I, "Dutchy"......"the Dutch"......also known as "The Hammer" and "The Wrench" and "T Bone", am rightful owner of that picture, she is my girlfriend, and wife to be. So... change it now or ill beat the crap outta you!

juuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding :p ....although it would be better if ya change it since I and many others assume who we're talkin to without lookin at the name...just the pic!

All the best and thanks for the shout E!

Dutchy (the real one)

Thanks Esc my man!

....indeed.....I, "Dutchy"......"the Dutch"......also known as "The Hammer" and "The Wrench" and "T Bone", am rightful owner of that picture, she is my girlfriend, and wife to be. So... change it now or ill beat the crap outta you!

juuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding :p ....although it would be better if ya change it since I and many others assume who we're talkin to without lookin at the name...just the pic!

All the best and thanks for the shout E!

Dutchy (the real one)

Didn't know you have a monopoly on Tila Nguyen's pics. Its is amazing how such a simple question in a thread could get thrown into the weeds over an avi. No worries. Point made and dealt with. I do urge you to be very careful on who you make threats to. TTK may be mean and surly on the 'net and a great guy to have a pint with in person, I otoh, make a living out of being mean and surly.

...... before this thread gets completely hijacked

I may be interested, just if it is in SF make it close to bart because there's absolutely nowhere to park there whenever I go lately :p Actually last time I did find parking (which actually was free), someone clipped my rear fender a little bit and I had to get the dent worked out. Ah well...

What does one bring to this kind of function? Not sure which watch I want to wear a lot of the time :p Maybe a TOG. There's a lot to talk about a TOG :)

...... before this thread gets completely hijacked

I may be interested, just if it is in SF make it close to bart because there's absolutely nowhere to park there whenever I go lately :p Actually last time I did find parking (which actually was free), someone clipped my rear fender a little bit and I had to get the dent worked out. Ah well...

What does one bring to this kind of function? Not sure which watch I want to wear a lot of the time :p Maybe a TOG. There's a lot to talk about a TOG :)

Unless there's a overwhelming desire to have the "event" in SF, my vehicles aren't "parking space friendly" either. So far three respondees.... any thoughts on where you would like to hold it? One of the criterias for sure is "parking friendly" :)

As far as reps goes, most of mime are good "low grade" reps. I can bring them for everyone to have a good laugh. Its cheap fun though. That's what really counts. :victory:

A couple locations to think about.

Momo's (last location decided on)

Thirsty Bear

All serve cocktails so we are safe.

I'm in the East Bay (680) so anything on that side would work too.

another +1 on the alky

you have a location to both locations? I got no problems with either place you mentioned but sure like to know where they are at and how much lead time everybody needs.

another +1 on the alky

you have a location to both locations? I got no problems with either place you mentioned but sure like to know where they are at and how much lead time everybody needs.

Both are South of Market

Momo's is across the street from the ballbark- Good food drink and a nice patio if the weather is warm. It is a quick muni connection off BART.

Thirsty Bear is between 2nd and 3rd on Harrison I think. It is a short walk from BART. They have great beer and tapas.

I know quite a few restaurants in the Bay Area so I can pick a good place in most areas.

As far as a timeframe I can do most weekends other than May 13th.

Cheers,

CM

Both are South of Market

Momo's is across the street from the ballbark- Good food drink and a nice patio if the weather is warm. It is a quick muni connection off BART.

Thirsty Bear is between 2nd and 3rd on Harrison I think. It is a short walk from BART. They have great beer and tapas.

I know quite a few restaurants in the Bay Area so I can pick a good place in most areas.

As far as a timeframe I can do most weekends other than May 13th.

Cheers,

CM

I'd like to find a place that would be more "large vehicle" parking friendly but if the consensus is these two places I will go along. Any suggestions for the East bay anybody? If in the south bay, Original joe's would be my choice. Open pour bars are really good when the waiters and bartenders know you :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Anytime in April is good for me. I may be deployed overseas for a short time in May or June.

Actually, I was at Momo's last time. I did not get the "late" cancelation. I may be interested if people commit to doing it no matter what.

Agreed. I almost missed the cancel too. Let's make sure that doesn't happen again.

I would have cruised out there if I thought anyone else would be there. I thought I would be sitting there alone with an arm full of watches and a drink in both hands. You know, like every other Friday night.

:huh:

Cheers,

CM

I can't attone for what has happened in the past, I've put together events for other interests where the turnout was two people and some had over 30 show up. I know if we do agree on a date and place, I will be there.

Right now, I am thinking of a place in the East bay maybe as far as San Ramon/Pleasonton area to make it fair for the Sacto travelers. Dates? Last two weeks of april to end of May. thoughts?

I'm in Sacremento too :)

East Bay would be better but I can work with SF too.

We had a Seiko/USN meet up at The 21st Amendment in SF that worked really well. As long as the Giants are out of town parking is not bad and they have an upstairs/loft area we could have to ourselves?

Lanny

That is the area I live in so very easy for me. Plus no worries about parking for the large vehicle guys.

If that local is good with others than I would be happy to come up with some meeting spots.

Unless anyone else has another date in mind, May 6th in the east bay is the idea. I'm not very familiar with decent eating establishments in that area so.....Chicken Manny is the man to pick a spot that has decent parking, good food, and alky. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Any naysayers? Speak up now and be counted or hold your peace.

• 2 weeks later...