When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Damn All The Gmt Posts By Ubi, L&t And Oli :)

Jetsons

A few shots of this terrific piece. Even with its flaws, this is one clone that just screams quality. I would feel comfortable sporting this guy anywhere, as is. :p

Here are a few pics which unfortunatley, do not do justice to this GMT.

Bill performed the lugs drilling with his new mammoth drill press and the quality was excellent. I modded the bracelet and installed OEM springbars. Fitting the bracelet to the case with the 2mm bars was one PIA and time consuming but well worth the effort. :)

191252-4856.jpg

The usual excellent rehaut of the TW case and nicely polished inner ring.

191252-4857.jpg

Super thick crystal with the polished edges is drop dead gorgeous on this guy.

191252-4858.jpg

This bezel insert was installed by Bill and looks terrific. I'm not sure where it came from but the quality is darn good.

191252-4859.jpg

My thanks to Bill for making this possible....a long quest on my part. He is a true gentleman and it was a total pleasure chatting with him. Amazingly, all that was required in exchange was a lifetime subscription to Penthouse....I happily transferred mine. :lol:

Hope you enjoy!

191317-4853.jpg

My thanks to Bill for making this possible....a long quest on my part. He is a true gentleman and it was a total pleasure chatting with him. Amazingly, all that was required in exchange was a lifetime subscription to Penthouse....I happily tranfered mine. :lol:

Hope you enjoy!

Nice pics - I am glad you like the watch.

If I had not had two of them, I wouldn't have let it go if you included the Penthouse Playmate.

Bill

Thanks guys for the compliments. I very much appreciate all the good words. :)

Bill, can't say that I would do any different. I traded one of my MBW 1665s which I would have never done it if I didn't have a second. A Playmate might just be persuasive enough. :p Hope you're feeling better!

BT, I do know how much you like these guys. I'm fairly sure that it's your only remaining rlx after having many arrive at your mail box. As to the date wheel, I haven't compared it to anything yet but it should be the standard used on the 2893....not sure exactly what was used but it should be the same as the TW 2836 version.

Falco, unfortunately I don't have a garage or even own a car. I'm a bit of a car nut and used photos from some of my more colorful books. I woudn't mind having the GT-40 or the Cobra. B)

Thank you very much guys!

Ubi, I suspect I'll be sporting this one long after I have a white beard and require the use a cane or two. :lol:

J, I'm sure glad you pulled your GMT off the market. Man, you would have felt bummed long after the deal was done. It's an amazing watch you put together! BTW, yours has given me some tasty ideas that would take this one to the next level. :D