When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hit With Taxes

Devedander

I have had no problems of watched shipped to IL for me coming in through Chicago customs.

On another note how is it that a lot of dealers dont like to ship to Texas due to the high seizure rate from their cusotms. I dont understand how it can vary so much from one state to another.

Its not that hard to understand, there are differant labor ethics in differant parts of the country... People in some places just work harder or are more diligent then others. Texas for example, I would imagine know more about rolexes then most customs agents (as HK says they are the texas timex).

Its not that hard to understand, there are differant labor ethics in differant parts of the country... People in some places just work harder or are more diligent then others. Texas for example, I would imagine know more about rolexes then most customs agents (as HK says they are the texas timex).

Interesting fact about Texas is that its illegal for women to own a vibrator I wonder if the power ranger custom agents confiscate those too?

Edited by tonyp1

:animal_rooster:

over and over again the same storys...

for 2 years a friend told me, that he has order more than 30 watches without problems. So i have ordered 2 watches and the 2nd was held from german customs. I told this to a friend and he means that is only a bad luck... no more. He has ordered also a watch and customs held is first watch, too.

2 years later all poeple ask me again: "we order so so many watches without problems." So i have try it again. First watch from Josh arrived savely and the second watch HELD BY CUSTOMS.

3 watches on customs? And all 3 to different adress and from different dealers?

woooooow what a bad luck :black_eye:

I get the impression that the German customs is the toughest in the world, at least for watches. Is that a fair statement?

4 last time, 6 this time... in all fairness one shipment of 4 did make it through unscathed (it was part of the original order of 8 which got split up).

While I do believe it may be safer to ship 1 or 2 at a time, I still don't get how ANY watches get taxed and pass through...

4 last time, 6 this time... in all fairness one shipment of 4 did make it through unscathed (it was part of the original order of 8 which got split up).

While I do believe it may be safer to ship 1 or 2 at a time, I still don't get how ANY watches get taxed and pass through...

Yeah, I assume they're inspected. The tax rate suggests they know they're inexpensive reps!

• 3 months later...

This is an old thread, but I am now 3 for 3 with San Francisco customs. Anything that goes out from Beijing always goes through San Francisco. In all three cases, my packages were delayed at least 4-7 days at San Francisco customs, and the postman showed up at my house asking for checks ranging from $90-$120 in taxes in order to release the package. The postal delivery worker told me that in his entire career he has never had to ask anyone for customs fees when delivering a package, let alone 3 times in a row.

In a sense, if the USA government is acknowledging that these are replica watches, and they are then TAXING the replica watches, I would say that they are profiting from replica watches, instead of trying to stop them.

In a sense, if the USA government is acknowledging that these are replica watches, and they are then TAXING the replica watches, I would say that they are profiting from replica watches, instead of trying to stop them.

So the government itself is funding terrorism? :bangin:

I just find it ironic that in countries such as the Netherlands, replica watches are seized by customs, because those governments do not approve of the product, and are under pressure from various groups and yet in the USA, the customs agents recognize them as non-authentic products, and then place an arbitrary tax on them, and collect a profit from it, while letting the illegal product reach it's recipient.

If they were serious at all about trying to stop replicas, they would seize them instead of taxing them. Perhaps instead of seizing multi-kilo shipments of cocaine, they can tax those too :busted_cop:

Essentially they are saying "Hey, what you are doing is illegal, and we will let it go on as long as we can make some money from it too"

Where are the stats that most watches shipped to T*xas gets snagged? I have ordered 18 in the last few years and between myself and my friends around here, none have ever been confiscated, knock on wood. Moreover, does someone actually think that because the final address reads Texas, that should flag the package at SF customs? :huh: