When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Endlinks 80 vs 280 vs 58 vs 580 vs 501

Ronin

Help me out here, my experience with GEN 1675, 1680, 14060, 1016, 5513 run counter to data here:  https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-end-link-codes/

Case in point, the claim is 280 fits 1675.  I found to this to be the absolute WORST fit, most rattle'y.  I ended up with a 501b that fits perfectly....

Anyone out have any better data on fit and measurements here?  Even the old "Yellow" spreadsheet that has been floating around the internet for the last 2 decades seems off.

Thoughts?

Edit to add, seems like 501b "b"? seem to fit darn near everything correctly...

You have a couple of issues here -- for 1 thing, the 80 end links are permanently attached to bracelets, while the other end links you mentioned are separate/detachable. So the 80s are not directly (or easily) swapped with the other end links. Further complicating the issue is the fact that different links, although often very similar in appearance & their ability to be 'fit' onto cases they were not specifically intended for, often vary in just 1 dimensional parameter (e.g., spacing between springbar channel & lug mating) that may not be obvious but which leave them jiggly or ill-fitting.

Finding proper alternative end links was a serious problem many of us ran up against in the early days of RWG when attempting to find properly-fitting alternatives for OEM 62xx Daytona bracelets like the folded-link 7205/71, 7835/271 or 7835/371 gens of which are priced way beyond the stratosphere & more or less unobtainium today (fyi - the best alternatives we found were the slightly more ubiquitous (ie, costing 1 ball rather than the usual 2) folded-link 7835/357, which is what I have on all of my 62xx Daytonas).

The bottom line -- Until/unless the rep factories clone all of these early Rolex bracelets, rattle'y may be your best or only option.