When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

382 not working

panerai153

Looking for info from you real Panerai guys. A few days ago, I dropped my Bronzo on a wood floor while cleaning it. It worked for a while but today I noticed that it was not running, and the rotor was not spinning. Also while setting it I noticed what seemed like the movement was moving around. The crown works fine in all three positions. I was wondering who works on the A7750 movements? My old watch guy mymanmatt is no longer working on watches. I haven’t been active here for a while so sort of lost track of who is repairing watches.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey - same thing happened to my bronzo when my wife knocked it off our dining table. Back then I sent it to Natas. He’s great. One of the best guys ever. The only thing is sending from the USA became challenging with customs. If you’re in europe don’t hesitate to contact him.
If you’re in the States then I’d highly recommend Strodda. He just serviced my Daytona and I couldn’t be happier. He’s done many jobs for me over the years. He’s a stand up guy. Great work and fair price. Hope that helps. Good luck!

That would be great if you could send me his name and phone number. Austin is just one state over from us. For years, I have used mymanmatt, who lives in Dallas. Unfortunately, Matt has been having a lot of health problems and he is no longer able to work on watches. In fact he recently sent back two watches that he told me that he just couldn’t work on.
Thanks very much
Arthur

I moderated the post with the personal information. Rather not have everyone seeing folks snails, addresses or phone numbers.
Thanks again, hope you don’t mind what I did.

On 10/5/2023 at 6:27 AM, panerai153 said:

Looking for info from you real Panerai guys. A few days ago, I dropped my Bronzo on a wood floor while cleaning it. It worked for a while but today I noticed that it was not running, and the rotor was not spinning. Also while setting it I noticed what seemed like the movement was moving around. The crown works fine in all three positions. I was wondering who works on the A7750 movements? My old watch guy mymanmatt is no longer working on watches. I haven’t been active here for a while so sort of lost track of who is repairing watches.

Thanks

Open her up with a rubber ball! From what you described I bet the case screw/tab has come off and likely jammed the rotor and maybe hairspring. Might need a service regardless after a drop but worth a look. Good luck!

Here are a few photos of the back of the watch. There is a loose part stuck to the back glass and one photo it looks like it’s blocking the rotor. What is this part? Obviously the watch will need to be opened up and repaired.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are a few photos of the back of the watch. There is a loose part stuck to the back glass and one photo it looks like it’s blocking the rotor. What is this part? Obviously the watch will need to be opened up and repaired.
Thanks

Photos42e36672272bb7de7072d70bd75e90e4.jpg
772a7fe6c0101f4bc668ca502290de64.jpg
4bab40877c8d2f6d5be4cd68ae41efe7.jpg
7b044d605b56e8b28932a0537c5f1756.jpg
828fadf8eb47a6ddd429ae7aea15d68f.jpg
19fb8192a5237bf27b9c7c6bf262fb55.jpg

That plate that’s loose I believe is decorative and sits over the balance spring. You’re right the bridge is also free so there’s likely a screw rolling around in there too. You’re in a bind now. If you send a watch off like this by mail all the bumps are likely to damage it more.  I’d open it up and try reassemble to the point the balance spring and bridge are secured. Or else find a local watchmaker. 

• 4 weeks later...