When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking To Add A Smp To My Collection

SportsterRider

I've been scouring this site since Dec looking for thought on various watches. One of the pieces I'm most interested in is the SMP - the Bond watch. I've read By-Tor's guide, numerous testimonials and have first hand experience with my SMP Chrono and my own purchase of the So-Called Perfect LV to help, but I still haven't found anything definitive specific to the Bond SMP.

Who has the best version of the Bond SMP? I'm not concerned with saving money as they all seem to be within 25-50 dollars of each other. What I want is the best version out there and I guess I'm looking for opinions from some of the folks here who I've come to find have impeccable credentials where getting a 'good' watch is concerned.

I've heard that some of the SMP's are coming with the 3 o'clock marker missing, or an incorrect date font, or a case that isn't dimensionally correct. I've also heard of versions (not just ones from the closed factory) that are as close to 100% as one could reasonable expect from a rep.

So which of the dealers that we work with on this board seem to have the best rep of this model? If you'd rather not come out and state on the board who you like the best, a PM would be much appreciated. After weeks of researching this, I keep finding myself back to ground zero - which one to buy? I had a great buying experience with my LV and am considering going back there for the SMP. I'd just hate to do it and find that I didn't get the best version, ya know?

Thanks so much for any insight you folks can offer. It's VERY much appreciated!!

SR

I've been scouring this site since Dec looking for thought on various watches. One of the pieces I'm most interested in is the SMP - the Bond watch. I've read By-Tor's guide, numerous testimonials and have first hand experience with my SMP Chrono and my own purchase of the So-Called Perfect LV to help, but I still haven't found anything definitive specific to the Bond SMP.

Who has the best version of the Bond SMP? I'm not concerned with saving money as they all seem to be within 25-50 dollars of each other. What I want is the best version out there and I guess I'm looking for opinions from some of the folks here who I've come to find have impeccable credentials where getting a 'good' watch is concerned.

I've heard that some of the SMP's are coming with the 3 o'clock marker missing, or an incorrect date font, or a case that isn't dimensionally correct. I've also heard of versions (not just ones from the closed factory) that are as close to 100% as one could reasonable expect from a rep.

So which of the dealers that we work with on this board seem to have the best rep of this model? If you'd rather not come out and state on the board who you like the best, a PM would be much appreciated. After weeks of researching this, I keep finding myself back to ground zero - which one to buy? I had a great buying experience with my LV and am considering going back there for the SMP. I'd just hate to do it and find that I didn't get the best version, ya know?

Thanks so much for any insight you folks can offer. It's VERY much appreciated!!

SR

pm eddielee. the one i got from him i thought he sent me a gen! BTW the bracelet is much better then the one on your SMP chrono. it has correct pins/rollers and perfect fittting clasp. fit a genuine dial and crown and your good to go with that one!

pm eddielee. the one i got from him i thought he sent me a gen! BTW the bracelet is much better then the one on your SMP chrono. it has correct pins/rollers and perfect fittting clasp. fit a genuine dial and crown and your good to go with that one!

Thanks Flav! Actually, I've got one coming from a member that was originally purchased from Angus. It's the older version with pins/rollers in the band.

Can't wait to get it!

Thanks again,

SR