When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A bargain is where you find it...

FS : 6429 Explorer COMMANDO - Vintage Rolex Forum (tapatalk.com)

Only  46650  euros.  ($50,405 USD)

Shipping included, no box/no paper.

It has been said:  "There is a cowboy for every saddle."  This looks like a bareback ride to me.   

Not saying it is not 100% genuine and original...it just seems pricey since they probably sold new for a few $100 bills.

Besides...this watch is basically unknown and very good fakes are not hard to find, diluting the original examples.   

Or...someone pays the $50K price and sticks it in their safe.  

A few years later they drop under the radar and their goofy grandson pawns it for $200 to buy 'medication'.    :pimp:

This happens every day in many variations.  I've seen it happen.

Imho...basically unknown 'collectorcrap' like this is better flipped while they are Hot rather than saved in case their value drops. 

If I wanted one of these watches to wear...I would use an aftmkt dial, hands, similar case, and go with an ETA, Seiko etc. movement so it does not end up being sold as 'genuine' down the road.    

Fyi...the 6429 has cal 1220 that runs at 21600 bph and many older 34mm 64xx watches have cal 1200/1210 and run at 18000 bph.  Escapement parts for the cal 1200/1210 are getting hard to find and relatively high $$.  The 6429 and most 64xx have 34mm cases with 6.0mm crowns and are basically identical in appearance except for dials/hands.

The Rolex Reference 6429: Small, Simple And Scarce - Hodinkee

rolex 6429 6422 watch for sale | eBay

Heritage Time Works pays tribute to the Rolex Ref. 6429 "Commando" - Acquire (acquiremag.com)

"An interesting item, but definitely a case for buy the seller before you buy the watch."

Yeah.  Prices like that give me a rash.

After all, it is an obscure watch with maybe three (3 ) buyers in the whole wide world at that price. 

So, a buyer better like it 'cause they're probably stuck with it.  Imho.

I peg it at $3K to $4K...but I admit to being cheap and stuck in the past.    

What really bothers me is I have a pair of 14K Bulova automatic 'Beau Brummel' watches, one yellow, one white, and the yellow one is MIA. 

Or is it the white one?   :search:  

Bulova - Beau Brummell Series | Watchophilia.com