When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Screws on bracelet keep coming loose

ahchard

Ok.. not sure if anyone has this problem... but when I wear my Overseas for everyday use... I notice the screws on the bracelet slowly coming loose... if I wear it to a game of golf... there will be one screw out almost all the way... same thing when I put the watch in a watchwinder overnite... there will be 2 or 3 loose screws and at least one of them out almost all the way...

Does anyone else experience this? Is it cos I am not screwing them in tight enough? Maybe the problem is my screwdriver? I don't have the exact size screw driver... it is slightly bigger...but does the job...it can screw the screw in untill it goes into the bracelet...then it is a bit too big to really tighten it... do you think thats the problem? or does anyone else on the board have the same problem?

Beautiful watch.

Crummy bracelet.

In this last edition the screws that hold the bracelet to the back of the case like to come out.

Also, the clasp cover has a bad habit of falling off.

Some have reported the clasp itself breaking.

As Thomasng says, you are one of many.

I hear everyone talking about Loctite. I know it is used in automobiles. Any one know where to pick some up without having to order from a specialty retailer online? In the states, I mean?

I'm thinking, home depot, lowes, ace, or advanced auto perhaps???

I know you need to buy the weaker rated stuff for the small screws we deal with. I've been thinking I should add it to a couple of my watches, especially my new fiddy.

Jon

Beautiful watch.

Crummy bracelet.

I beg to differ. Perhaps the best looking bracelet that I have. Absolutely gorgeous, but you have to work harder to polish the diamond cut gaps.

A few screws loosened initially, but an easy problem to fix as described by others in this thread. Comfortable. Solid. The clasp is good and the clasp cover is no worse than on other watches I own (although apparently not true to the original). Only the IWC bracelet is more comfortable. But the Overseas is the best looking.

In my collection, I rate my bracelets as follows:

1 (tie) VC Overseas for looks (first for looks, second for comfort)

1 (tie) IWC GST for comfort (first for comfort, second for looks)

3) Panerai 192 (strong contender on both looks and comfort)

4) Omega Speedmaster (aBay/Aspire)

5) Rolex Yachtmaster (aBay/Aspire) (has a lightweight clasp cover similar to the Overseas)

6) Omega Seamaster PO (Narikaa)

I'd be curious to see how other members rate (relatively) their bracelets

This watch has the BEST bracelet for a replica watch anywhere. You will not find replicas with awesome bracelets like this. The bracelet feels a lot like the genuine, and obivously these bracelets were made with quite a bit of care, as evidenced by the fantastic finish on them.

Replica Panerai bracelets are also awesome. They are very true to the genuine. It's only when you remove the screws of one link, then you see how poorly finished it is inside, but who gives a crap.

The IWC GST is also one of the best replica bracelets out there, despite the fact the clasp is quite flimsy and feels like it's ready to break any second. But how the bracelet link system can work exactly like the genuine is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! The finish of the GST bracelet is also very high end, with the exception fo missing perlage on the clasp.

The Patek Nautilus bracelet is also awesome. It is not as finely finished, but feels very solid, and very well made in comparison to the genuine Nautilus.

The Royal Oak replica bracelets leave a bit to be desired, despite the fact they are very nice. They don't curve as well as the genuine ones, and some links have a habit of getting locked, but when you look at the price of a genuine, it's easy to tell why there is a difference.

And that's it! My bracelet review is now over.

I beg to differ. Perhaps the best looking bracelet that I have. Absolutely gorgeous, but you have to work harder to polish the diamond cut gaps.

No argument from me there, I agree whole heartedly with you jkerouac.

The bracelet itself is a work of art by VC, and well duplicated in the rep.

I am a huge VC fan and VC collector as you know.

I am quite disappointed in the bracelet - case attachment.

Nothing at all like the authentic Overseas.

Very shallow screw holes to hold the bracelet in place.

Easily striped out. Needs oversize screws.

Yes, Loctite required. Loctite 221 is my favorite. (Watchmaker's Loctite).

Bracelet overall looks very good, but this connection and the clasp are weak.

I am also frustrated that cosmetically the clasp cover is totally incorrect as is the clasp.

This is where I think the bracelet rates a "crummy" rating, at least from me.

Esthetics A-

Construt C-

Many of todays other VC reps are very good, and very accurate.

Perhaps I just expect too much from the first generation of this rep.

I am glad to hear yours is wearing well.

VC are way cool !!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for all that... will get the loctite and fix the problem...

I agree the bracelet is beautiful on the overseas... though still not very accurate... I also don't really like the clasp, but there is one version with the correct clasp but that model has a few other problems as well... I am surprised nobody has done mods on VC's... most of the mods are done on Rollies and Pannies...