When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Po Mod Project

morgan123

So here's my idea. I'll buy the 4th generation 42mm PO swiss ETA (the 45mm Ultimate is waaay too big for me) as well as the rubber strap that doesn't perfectly fit and then I'll:

Replace the dial (I can defiantly tell the difference, so it's worth $200, besides I'm a graphic designer and aesthetics are everything to me)

Ofrei sells it here

but which one? Omega Dial For Model 2209.50.00 ...or... OME-2500-DIAL#2

can someone please tell me?

Then the crown, and the hands as per cwai02's upgrade guide here

Finally I'll file down the rep strap until it fits. Any suggestions for a rubber file that would keep it fresh and clean looking? or I'll just cave in and buy the gen strap if it doesn't work out.

... I know I'm spending a bit on this, but I tried the Gen on and it looks really really nice, and I want to get it as aesthetically close as possible without spending the full $2000.

Any other suggestions? (thanks)

Below is what I want the finished product to look like:

post-4671-1170447383_thumb.jpg

So here's my idea. I'll buy the 4th generation 42mm PO swiss ETA (the 45mm Ultimate is waaay too big for me) as well as the rubber strap that doesn't perfectly fit and then I'll:

Replace the dial (I can defiantly tell the difference, so it's worth $200, besides I'm a graphic designer and aesthetics are everything to me)

Ofrei sells it here

but which one? Omega Dial For Model 2209.50.00 ...or... OME-2500-DIAL#2

can someone please tell me?

Then the crown, and the hands as per cwai02's upgrade guide here

Finally I'll file down the rep strap until it fits. Any suggestions for a rubber file that would keep it fresh and clean looking? or I'll just cave in and buy the gen strap if it doesn't work out.

... I know I'm spending a bit on this, but I tried the Gen on and it looks really really nice, and I want to get it as aesthetically close as possible without spending the full $2000.

Any other suggestions? (thanks)

Below is what I want the finished product to look like:

post-4671-1170447383_thumb.jpg

Good luck with the project.

As for the dial, the pics for Omega Dial For Model 2209.50.00 and OME-2500-DIAL#2 are the same, just 2 different shots (I guess to confuse the customers even more).

Keep in mind, that the Rubber straps used for the 42mm POs were created for the Asian version and not the ETA versions. They do not have the proper endlinks. The gen straps will cost $170 and then throw in the buckle (sold seperately). Omega Rubber Straps

Hope this helps and good luck with the Project !

Keep in mind, that the Rubber straps used for the 42mm POs were created for the Asian version and not the ETA versions. They do not have the proper endlinks. The gen straps will cost $170 and then throw in the buckle (sold seperately). Omega Rubber Straps

Yeah.. Might not be such a goo d idea... But say, I have a medium size wrist and All Ofrei seems to sell is an xtral long strap for this, can I buy a smaller gen strap somewhere?

(Thanks for clerifying the dial)

Yeah.. Might not be such a goo d idea... But say, I have a medium size wrist and All Ofrei seems to sell is an xtral long strap for this, can I buy a smaller gen strap somewhere?

(Thanks for clerifying the dial)

Always check out TimeZone - I have some some OEM Omega rubber straps go for about $125.

The dial should be #2. Also get genuine hand sets, they are worth the mod. The second hand on the replica is way off (in terms of orange tip colour). The crown is worth changing too. This is the final picture after modification inclusive the crown.

195495-3569.jpg

195495-3570.jpg

195495-3571.jpg

Do consider getting the genuine clasp at 90 USD. The difference between the gen and rep is quite significant (especially the locking mechanism).

Please take note that the genuine crown has to be installed together with the genuine crown tube. FYI, the genuine crown tube has a smaller diameter therefore after you removed the rep crown tube, you need to attach the genuine crown tube using the strongest, best, waterproofed, tension proof glue available.