When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This Guy Selling Mbw Dials?

BMWrolex

It looks like this guy may be selling MBW rolex dials... Heres an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...em=170070941657

Notice the size of the singer logo... With all of the auctions he has, the singer logo is in the same location and the same size. Are these authentic dials? I know it says "Condition Professionally Refinished" But that only means the front of the dials. He never said aftermarket so we must assume that hes trying to sell these off as authentic. Am I wrong, or are these reps?

what's the "singer" for? and who cares what the back of the dial looks like who sees that anyways?

Singer is the company that makes the dial. We care about the back of the dial because it is a tell tale sign of whether or not its a replica/aftermarket item or a genuine dial.

Singer was one of three major dial makers for Rolex; there was Singer, Beyeler and Stern (the same Stern as Patek, I believe).

Rolex ended up buying out numerous companies to pull outsourced production in-house; Beyeler was purchased and brought in for the dial production side.

Singer, I believe, ended up selling off a good portion of blank plates which have recirculated and are resurfacing on the market (e.g. the dial I have ref'd above).

Stern... We know what has become of Stern, which is not a bad place to be at all :)