When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unsure

obelisque

I have in some what-shall-I-get-for-my-wife-threads, seen the Breitling Seawolf being suggested.

Is this really what you are talking about?

http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=562

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=281

Looks both huge and heavy to me? Does it really look nice on a slim wrist?

The reason for asking is - of course - that I search for a new rep for myself (yeah - I'm a female!), and started to do some research to see what was suggested and could be possible to wear.

Wrist shots are appreciated! :)

what watches do you have so far? I steal hubby's breitling navitimer sometimes. I'll take a couple of shots for you.

PS. At least nice to know that we are two women reading this board! :)

Yes, I've always looked with him, but finally got my own account. It's a little intimidating since many women aren't on here. I had the same problem in Las Vegas sitting down to a poker table, until I finally did and then cleared out the whole table in no time playing Texas Hold'em :D

What about the new Steelfish?

This is the first "new" model that has really caught my interest - looks stunning in the pics (prefer the white dial).

But - will it look more like a watchified hockey puck than a wrist watch on me?

Steelfish is a much bulkier model and doesnt have the sleek styling of the rounded crystal on the navitimer, I'm considering it since wifey stole my navitimer.

As for the model is the series speciale navitimer from joshua (but most dealers have it), natural 7750 configuration and date does not sit as low as other navitimer models.

Hi Ladies, I'm a bit late getting here but I made it. I'm another female forum member, I've been reading the forums and collecting reps for over 3 years. I have a 6.5" wrist, and almost all of my watches are mens models.

I am going to try to take wrist shots this weekend of some of my watches, from a 36mm Day Date up to a 44mm Luminor and Oma 253 Regatta to show how they look on my wrist. I hope and think that would be useful to some people.

Anyway, as for the Steelfish, it is a very massive watch, almost 44m case size and 15-16 mm in height. I think the elaborate bezel adds to the massive presence of this piece on the wrist. It is a very beautiful watch, would make a fantastic diver with appropriate water resistance servicing, but, sadly I've come to the conclusion that it would be too big for me. The Luminor Pams are similar dimensions, but the case and bezel design is more sleek and tapered, it doesn't sit quite so large on the wrist, IMO.

The best advice I can give is to go to an AD and try the watch on, see how it fits and looks on you.

Hi mkm, sorry to hear that you don't have any ADs to go visit. I live in Chicago and there are 4 -5 watch shops I can visit.

OK, here's another idea, I do this all the time. Do a google search for any watch you are interesed in, click on links until you find a full frontal photo of the watch. Print it out, then measure it to see what size it is in printout. Then see if it is bigger or smaller than the actual size of the real watch. At this point you need access to a copier that reduces/enlarges. Keep copying the original printout, reducing or enlarging it until it's the correct size of the gen.

Take the final copy, cut out the watch and then put the paper watch on your wrist, it will give you an idea how it will look. Sounds strange, but it works very well.

A good rule - it the lugs extend beyound the edges of your wrist, it's too big.