When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Brand New Omega Smp Rep From Andrew!

Danny

It came in the mail the other day, and last night I got the chance to take some pictures. I shot these with my old Canon Rebel 2000, with the standard 28-80mm lens it came with (not great for macro photography, hence why they're not as big and detailed as I'd like them to be), on Kodak HD 400 speed film, and developed them myself last night (working at Walgreens has its advantages).

I'm not sure why I resized this one so much smaller than the others. I must not have been paying much attention.

196316-2964.jpg

On this one, I took a one-second exposure to try to catch the 8 second hand stops, but it just turned it into a blur. Still, sort of a neat photo.

196316-2965.jpg

On my pathetically skinny wrist.

196316-2966.jpg

196316-2967.jpg

196316-2968.jpg

196316-2969.jpg

Pretty impressive lume, as far as I'm concerned, though it wears off pretty quick if it's in the dark for very long.

196316-2970.jpg

The most glaring flaw I can tell is the missing 3:00 hour marker (even though it was there in the picture on Andrew's website!), but I'm not going to fuss over it much. I love it. I'm not really out to fool anyone anyway, I just wanted a nice looking watch.

I really wouldn't be overly concerned about the missing 3 o'clock marker (although, if that is how they're all going to be from now on, it'd be nice to see the pics updated). If I thought I was going to keep the watch, I'd just buy a gen dial for it. As long as the case, crown and such were accurate, I'd be happy.

Nice watch!

SR