When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

And God Said Let There Be Light - Okay Daylight

Watchmeister

The 7753 Daylight reps are some of my favorites. Enjoy.

The illusory Pandas recased in old cases, Finepics datewheels and dials relumed and coated with a finely applied matte over the whole dial to tone down the overall dial sheen and bring the subdials closer to gen:

White Panda - And yes, I know the subdial hands are lying loose:

197301-2671.jpg

Black Panda

197301-2672.jpg

The Panda Pair:

197301-2673.jpg

You have to love those old school cases

197301-2674.jpg

The Classics:

196:

197301-2675.jpg

188:

197301-2676.jpg

And finally the group shot:

197301-2677.jpg

The best part of these watches is that I always feel good about modding them knowing that these watches will last a lifetime. What's next: Finepics datewheels for the 188 and 196, matte lacquer for the 188 and Palp 2.0's for all of them whenever he actually does the next run.

What can I say... You've got a very nice quartet of PAM chronographs here; what's more, I know that this is just a small part of the overall collection :lol:

Oh, and BTW... Since when do you post pics of your watches?! :p Hope this is a continuing trend, as I'd love to see more of the kruzer00 collection...

Kruzer I have long been waiting for these pictures from you. They've all turned out fantastic so far. My old case 7753 196 is easily my favorite rep, and that datewheel makes me very jealous. I can only hope the 7753 187 is the impetus for a new run of wheels. But enough about me, congrats to you!! You have got to be thrilled.

• 3 months later...
The 7753 Daylight reps are some of my favorites. Enjoy.

The illusory Pandas recased in old cases, Finepics datewheels and dials relumed and coated with a finely applied matte over the whole dial to tone down the overall dial sheen and bring the subdials closer to gen:

White Panda - And yes, I know the subdial hands are lying loose:

253057-7068.jpg

Black Panda

253057-7069.jpg

The Panda Pair:

253057-7070.jpg

You have to love those old school cases

253057-7071.jpg

The Classics:

196:

253057-7072.jpg

188:

253057-7073.jpg

And finally the group shot:

253057-7074.jpg

The best part of these watches is that I always feel good about modding them knowing that these watches will last a lifetime. What's next: Finepics datewheels for the 188 and 196, matte lacquer for the 188 and Palp 2.0's for all of them whenever he actually does the next run.

Ok, I've just acquired a 188 7753, and I've got a datewheel to install. Is the matte finish on the dial a The Zigmeister service, or must I go elsewhere?

Ziggy did it on mine but it depends which version of the 188 you bought. If you got it new from one of the dealers it mostl likely has the improved dial with thicker hour font. It may not need it. Mine is one of the first gen with better case but crappier dial. In fact I just received the new dial to put in mine a couple of days ago. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On the Pandas the matte spray is a must as it dulls down the sub-dials on both versions to make it much closer to gen prototype.

No I know he hasn't lost anything. I am just having a heck of a time getting him to do anything. We gotta get him his girlfriend back. Here is a profundity - chicks suck. Especially when they get in the way of our rep collecting. Oops, bad analogy. That is actually a good thing. :lol:

The Zigmeister did it on mine but it depends which version of the 188 you bought. If you got it new from one of the dealers it mostl likely has the improved dial with thicker hour font. It may not need it. Mine is one of the first gen with better case but crappier dial. In fact I just received the new dial to put in mine a couple of days ago. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On the Pandas the matte spray is a must as it dulls down the sub-dials on both versions to make it much closer to gen prototype.

So then your point is that the old case was good, but the old dial was not as good. Damn. Well, I just got the old case, so now I'll set about finding a new dial. When purchasing one, I'm going to have to make sure that it's for the Swiss movement, correct?

Easy, I got mine along with the Aquatimer from Angus. :) And by the way I heard from The Zigmeister that it relumes better than the original rep dial as the lume "dots" are flat so you can shovel it on better.

Again, very good to know. I've just PMed him... now if I can just get him to read it. I sent him a PM over a week ago that he hasn't even read yet.