When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does The Diameter Include The Crown?

Shabber

So when I measure a watch, I go from the crown to the complete other side. Basically, I am trying to determine the largest width. Is this normal? I get the sense that a standard measurement on the board is just the diameter of the bezel. Which should I be talking about? Especially on dealer sites and ads.

My main concern is looking at the Breitling Chrono Evolutions. I own a titanium Chrono Avnger that seems a touch to thick and a touch to wide for my tastes.

Usually it does not include the crown.

Thanks for the reply. So, on my PO. The Bezel Diameter is 40mm, the watch diameter is 42mm and if you include the crown 45mm. This then should be advertised at 40mm? BTW, I am not complaining, merely trying to understand as I have 7.3 inch wrist and the size matters :-)

Thanks for the reply. So, on my PO. The Bezel Diameter is 40mm, the watch diameter is 42mm and if you include the crown 45mm. This then should be advertised at 40mm? BTW, I am not complaining, merely trying to understand as I have 7.3 inch wrist and the size matters :-)

It should be advertised as 42 mm (you allways maeasure the case)