When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Carrera

lacoste99

Yes, just wind it in a clock-wise direction. I gave it about 25 turns to start it up, after that your normal arm movements spin the rotor inside to supply momentum to the movement. No, you can't overwind it, and the full power reserve is on the order of 42 hours or so.

Well, I assume you know that you start and stop the chrono by pushing the button@2 o'clock, and reset it by pushing the button@4 o'clock? It is impossible to tell what is wrong, without you giving more information. Sometimes, the chrono does not work if the watch is low on power..

The Asian 7750 movement is a very sensitive movement. It is easy to screw things up and destroy it if you don't know what you are doing. There are a lot of threads on this.

The most important things, as I can recall, are:

1. Never change the date between 9 PM and 3 AM.

2. Never press the chrono reset button (button@4) when the chronograph is running.

3. Preferably let the chrono run for at least 15 seconds before stopping it.

In fact, at least the two first notes also apply for the genuine ETA 7750, but of course the Asian is even more sensible for "human error"..

I recommend you read the info in the Technical section and the Knowledge base about this movement. The Zigmeister has an excellent review of the Asian 7750. It is an extensive review in three parts. :)

Good luck, I hope it is not broken! :)

Sharp objects spring to mind......!

:lol:

Some wise man once said: "Mechanical Chronographs are not for everyone.." That is sure true with the Asian 7750.

I have been lucky so far, also with the nice SMP Chrono I bought from you.