When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Rolex Explorer Ii

jfreeman420

Does anyone know how to set the date on a genuine Explorer II? It may sound stupid, but I don't wear it very often and I can set every hand independantly but can't find a click for the date when I pull out the crown. Does this watch have a quickset date?

Sorry must have a brain fart, correction: on my gen K series GMT II, it does not have a "click" for the date. Turn the hour hand 2 revolutions to advance or back the date (clockwise advance, counter clock wise to go back). Hour hand jumps in hour increment so its farily fast, but still a pain.

the modern explorer ii has quick set date. pop the crown one notch and turn it clockwise to advance the date. counter-clockwise is to advance the hour hand in one hour increment. the gmt hand is not independently adjustable. it follows the minute hand which you adjust by popping the crown 2 notches.

-bm

the modern explorer ii has quick set date. pop the crown one notch and turn it clockwise to advance the date. counter-clockwise is to advance the hour hand in one hour increment. the gmt hand is not independently adjustable. it follows the minute hand which you adjust by popping the crown 2 notches.

-bm

Yup...that's what mine does...