When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

File This Under - Stuff That My Kid Broke :)

fotoman

so i'm sure, if my life is anything like my dads, my son will end up breaking alot of my stuff :)

well - he started today - knocking my bezel pearl off of my 45mm PO. - and this had become my fav watch :)

luckly for me, the dealer originally sent me the wrong color and sent an extra bezel insert so i could correct it :)

Ok, no more touching watches for him - :)

This is barbara, welcome to coffee talk - let me give you a topic-

Kids breakin your stuff-

discuss

Another thing I am curious about is what type of watches to watch-loving parents buy for them. I would imagine addicts of this forum adorning their precious young'uns with the latest offerings from the rep world.

So how about it parents? What kind of timepieces do your kids wear?

I was washing my 6 month old black sports car one day and decided to let my 5 year old son help so we could have a great time and get nice and wet. I turned my back for 30 seconds and looked back to see him dragging the metal hose fawcet back and forth in wide arcs against the hood paint. Arughhhhhhhh!!!!! Fortunately I did not react in such a way that my son will need psychotherapy. Unfortunately, I had to get the car hood repainted. He went through the clear coat, color coat and primer right down to the bare metal.

He's 18 now and I still don't trust him to wash my car. My watches......no way.

Another thing I am curious about is what type of watches to watch-loving parents buy for them. I would imagine addicts of this forum adorning their precious young'uns with the latest offerings from the rep world.

So how about it parents? What kind of timepieces do your kids wear?

My son rotates a Casio G Shock and a Timex Ironman.

My son will have his choice of any of my watches when he turns of age... My daughter is welcome to watches in the collection as well if she feels so inclined :) Just hope they leave me one to wear. Just one... That's all I need...

Until then, they're both too young to even tell the time. So for now, they're all mine...

(MWAHAHAHAHA)

I was washing my 6 month old black sports car one day and decided to let my 5 year old son help so we could have a great time and get nice and wet. I turned my back for 30 seconds and looked back to see him dragging the metal hose fawcet back and forth in wide arcs against the hood paint. Arughhhhhhhh!!!!! Fortunately I did not react in such a way that my son will need psychotherapy. Unfortunately, I had to get the car hood repainted. He went through the clear coat, color coat and primer right down to the bare metal.

He's 18 now and I still don't trust him to wash my car. My watches......no way.

Wow. We haven't had kids yet, but I will file this away for when my kids want to help 'wash' my sports car LOL

My three year old wears an Alaska Moose watch and a Polar Bear watch courtesy of Nanuq. Not everyday, just when she decides that she wants "to wear a watch like you Daddy." I picked up a little Tinkerbell quartz watch when we were at Disney this year. She saw the character flying during one of the many fireworks shows they put on and immediately decided she wanted to be like her. She doesn't watch any tv, except Sesame Street, so seeing the characters was a real big deal for her. She'll get that for her next birthday. My 1-year old just likes to grab my watches and drool on them. So far, they've proved to be waterproof as far as this activity goes.

My hope is to get them both nice watches when the time comes. Until they are of age though, they'll wear some inexpensive quartz watches, and if I have my way, they will learn to tell time on an analog dial!

Climb on.