When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytonas - Cheap Vs Less Cheap Vs?

afiartis

OK, this is a somewhat stupid question, but I'm looking for knowledge as well as experience, and I would be surprised not to find it here.

Here goes:

I'd like to get a NICE Daytona. By "nice", I mean equivalent in quality to the Speedy I got from Ruby: a nice, very nice WATCH per se, not just a good rep (the "better" Speedmaster with glass back and manual faux Lemania is a somewhat accurate rep, of course paling when compared to the gen, but my point is: it is truly a beautiful watch with PRESENCE. The first rep I got that gives me this feeling, after some cheap PAMs, and an OK Carrera).

My question: Do any of the Daytona reps out there give this feeling of "NICE watch" - regardless of how accurate they may be?

And its corrolary: How different, in terms of FEEL, are the super cheap Daytonas - such as http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=642 - vs the somewhat better ones - such as http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1426? Anything even better out there?

I do understand that the super cheap ones have non working chronos, and a different movement, but frankly I don't care that much: I am not expecting wonders from the movement of even top-of-the-range reps. I am thinking more of the finish of the case, the quality of the indexes, etc

Surely, some of the experts reading this must have climbed the steps as I am preparing to do: the cheap stuff first, "to see", then the more expensive ones… is it a mistake, should I start with the most expensive Daytona money can buy (apart form the gen :yeah: ), or will the difference between El Cheapos and El Medios be negligible for someone who disregards rep movements?