When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimers New/old

Rxus

Ok so i see that the dealers have navitimers with both 3,6,9 and 6,9,12 sub dial configurations... Is that a sign of the newer or older version reps.

I ask becasue they all come in 7750 movement although some mention the 28,800 bph and other say 7750b1 still unclear if they are the same or not..but back on topic.

Lately a thread was made regarding the recessed datewheel and it's font and someone mentioned that due to the subdial arrangement of the 3.6.9 an extra gear is needed wich causes the datewheel to be recessed back soo far.. Is it not the case on the 6,9,12 becasue it is a newer version? or there are simply two sub dial layouts from factory to begin with?

And if tehre is a newer version of the navi how can i tell wich is wich?

Most of them offered now are the newer version. With the 12,9,6 layout, there are no extra gears. If you opt for one that has a layout at 3,6,9 it will have extra gears, and extra stress is put on the movement.

28,800BPH is the new movement. Safest way to be sure is to check with the dealer before you buy.

One thing is worth to mention regarding the modified 7750 used in the 3-6-9 Navitimers.

As far as I understand; The extra gears added to move the 30-minutes counter from 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock does not introduce any additional stress to the movement during regular use. The constant running seconds are still at 9 o'clock.

The modified 7750'ies used in new Daytonas and the IWC Chronographs is another story. Here, the running seconds are moved from 9 o'clock to six... and there are additional gears which run all the time..

I have had both the "old" Navitimer ( white Series Speciale) and the new 3-6-9 version. Both have been reliable. The SS is sold, but the 3-6-9 is still one of my favourites, despite the recessed date. The intricate dial has very good detailing, however the slide rule does not align perfectly.. Not a big deal. :)

201094-1624.jpg

201094-1625.jpg

201094-1626.jpg

I hear ya Usil, it's why i'm staying away from Pams (for now, muahaha) Theres a few i trully love but i know they will be big watches and I love big watches...So before I land my first Pam, I plan on getting a big ol' Bentley what is that like 48-49mm? Well yeah huge like that..Lets not forget the Bentley has that "bling" effect :p

There is certainly no chance of anyone not seeing the Bentley on your wrist. I have a very bad rep of it that I don't wear, it's a real eyecatcher!

I'll second that. I also have a pretty poor rep (nothing within a million miles of the BCE) but not a chance in the world someone will miss these on your wrist. 47mm of stainless steel bling on a leather strap looks the part.

Tried to offload it on ebay at the weekend and was met with a constant stream of "Is this a genuine BFB" questions from deluded bargain hunters. :D One unfortunately couldn't handle the fact it was not real and reported it to ebay admin who pulled the auction. The description said everything to indicate it was a rep. No box, no papers, cannot guarantee authenticity, please bid accordingly etc but still it was too challenging. But heh, rules are rules and the watch remains on my bedside cabinet :D

Del....

People are soo immature, why can't they jsut turn their face sort of speak, and not report your ebay listing.

But yeah i figure a nice bentley in either blue or white dial will look amazing...and down here in Miami, the bling is in.lol