When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chanel J12 Band Resize

Gavilan

Had anyone been able to resize the band on a J12 Ceramic band?

I got a white one off Joshua for my wife for our anniversary and i dont know if there is a special trick to sizing the band.

I have a tool, but i dont want to put too much pressure on the pins as im not sure if they just push out or they are screwed in.

Anyone who has bought one of these if they could let me know it would be a big help.

Thanks.

Edited by Gavilan

its a royal pain in the ass - i broke 2 pins trying to get it to work. you have to have a really small pin to get into that side with the hole, i think i file'd one down.

This is the only watch i ever had to use a hammer and marble tile to get the pin back in - and i had to do 2 of hte damn things

I got a new better pin tool stronger, less cheap and thinner, but that was after the fact.

MAJOR PAIN :) don't be afraid to apply extreme predjudice

Are you sure that they are pins and thet they can be removed?

I cannot for the life of me get them out!

as i said, royal pain in the ass

Most likely your pin tool is to big to fit in the tiny hole in the one side. either get a better pin tool or try to file yours down some -

I had to hammer the pin tool into the one side to get the [censored]en thing to pop out

the pins are make of 2 pieces one has a round flat top and a solid tub looks like a bolt without threads the other piece is round flat top and has a short hollow tube, maybe 1/4 of the length of the pin. the hollow tube has a hole you can see clear through when its off from the flat round outside through the whole thing..

The long "bolt" side goes into the other "hollow" one and thats how it creates the tension to keep the pin attached.

What you are trying to do, is push, through the hollow end so the pin slides out and you can remove both pieces from teh link.

i have done 3 of these watches and they broke/ bent all of my pin tools trying to get the thing out. - i bought a better one now, but i am not goign to try it again unless i have to :)

• 1 year later...

thought i'll post my experience for reference. the pins are pretty easy to push out if you have the right tools. i used a small strong pin tool and a hammer to hammer it out. just a few light taps i was able to push the pin out enough to remove the collar with a pair of plyers. pushing them back in is a tough and tricky task. i used a hammer to tap mine in. if you don't see it going in from a few taps, it means the collar part of the pin isn't go through the link slot. minor movements and a bit of pushing the pin together you should be able to push them in together (you will know as they are relatively easy to push in together). after that just tap it with a hammer a few times to get a nice seal.

NOW, i'm stuck trying to put the bracelet back to the watch. the pin holes on the lugs seem to be a tad recessed into the lugs. before i took out the bracelet i remember seeing the ends of the push pins a tad bent inwards to enter the pin poles inside the lugs. i am now stuck and can't get the push pins to lock into the lug holes. sigh. seems like hurdles after hurdles with this damn watch. anyone with experience want to tell me how you put this POS back together.

Edited by pezzy

alright i finally got the bracelet back into the watch by following Devedander recommendation of removing the caseback, insert bracelet to the caseback, and screw the caseback back into the top half of the watch. so here is what i learned after spending 8 hours playing with this damn thing.

- if you want to resize your bracelet, use hammer time with a pin (make sure its a small enough pin to fit through the small pin gap in the bracelet) to push a bit of the pin out. you can follow up with a pair of pliers to pull out the collar bit of the pin. hammer time to push pin and collar back together.

- it is recommended you do this without taking the bracelet off the watch. it is a major pain to put it back into together when you are finished. if you must, be prepared to take the caseback out. the screws are very small so watch out for those as well. i lost one in the process of removing them.

- if you have a bezel mis-alignment, use the hair dryer method. forget about removing the whole bezel, its too tough. the insert also creeps back into its old position, so i would suggest to hold the insert after your adjustments until it cools down.

• 2 years later...