When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New "omega" Smp 300m Chrono From Josh

stang

First off, how the heck do you wind this thing using the crown?? Which unlocked position (0, 1, 2) do I wind from and in what direction and how quickly?

Two, (for those that have the real SMP chrono) doesn't the real SMP have screw-down chrono pushers? Mine has "faux" screws which don't do anything. Thus, you can operate the pushers w/o unscrewing the nuts which typically clamp the pushers shut (out).

Thanks, in advance, for any help people can provide.

The SMP Chrono can be tricky to manually wind. It seems the crown disengages easily when winding in one direction. If you go back and forth, it'll work better.

As far as the Chrono pushers, the genuine SMP is exactly the same. They are not screw down like a Daytona. The knurled shoulders are for appearance to match the crown.

SR

First off, how the heck do you wind this thing using the crown?? Which unlocked position (0, 1, 2) do I wind from and in what direction and how quickly?

Two, (for those that have the real SMP chrono) doesn't the real SMP have screw-down chrono pushers? Mine has "faux" screws which don't do anything. Thus, you can operate the pushers w/o unscrewing the nuts which typically clamp the pushers shut (out).

Thanks, in advance, for any help people can provide.

Marrickvilleboy, SportsterRider,

Thank you guys for your feedback, it is very much appreciated!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I read The ZigmeisterZumba's articles about mechanical watches but they didn't say what direction to wind. They only mentioned that the Asia 7750 had uni-directional winding and couldn't be damaged by crown winding (article didn't specify if that meant winding in the correct direction or in either direction). Other searches for related topics did not enlighten me further.

Yesterday, when I tried winding the watch using the crown, I did it from the "0" position (i.e. just after unscrewing the crown and before the date adjust [pos "1"] and the time adjust [pos "2"]). I tried going in both directions, slowly and carefully.

Counterclockwise, the crown gave no resistance and made soft clicking noises. Clockwise, the crown gave some resistance and made no noise. :g: Apparently, clockwise is the correct direction. The weird thing is ... the watch had stopped due to the spring being fully unwound, but after I wound the crown 25-30 times clockwise, the seconds hand didn't start moving right away. Only after I wore it for a few minutes did it start running. Maybe it takes a soft "jiggle" to get things running(?). However, when I got home from work it was still running, indicating that the spring had wound partially (note: I didn't wear it to work, just left it on the dresser).

Glad to hear that the pushers are the same as the original. There was a review by Gioarmani indicating that this watch is water resistant to 300 feet (maybe more?...). I don't dive but have jetskied and swam in watches before so I'm glad to hear this rep is water resistant. :yeah:

I plan to make a separate post with my impressions of this watch so far. Again, many thanks for your input and help!! :D

Glad to hear that the pushers are the same as the original. There was a review by Gioarmani indicating that this watch is water resistant to 300 feet (maybe more?...). I don't dive but have jetskied and swam in watches before so I'm glad to hear this rep is water resistant. :yeah:

I plan to make a separate post with my impressions of this watch so far. Again, many thanks for your input and help!! :D

Gio used to own the genuine version of this watch. You probably read that. Reps are usually water resistant but there's never any guarantees. I wouldn't take it into water if I were you.

If you want to read a review of the rep Seamaster Chrono, check my signature for a link.

All in all... great first rep purchase. Enjoy your watch and welcome here!!!

By-Tor,

I did read your Guide to Best Omega Reps article/post, in fact, it was one of the first things I read when I found this site. I thought you did an excellent job of describing the various Omega replicas available and I found the links to other posts very helpful. Overall, I think it's a superb reference for anyone looking for a good Omega replica ... well done!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree w/ your water-use assessment. I will wear my 9226 the next time I go jetskiing or swimming. I'll wear the "Omega" in the rain ...

Also, I have a lot more questions regarding mechanical watches and this one in particular which I plan on submitting tomorrow. I just need to decide where to post it (general discussion, omega forun, technical info/upgrades, etc).

Regards,

Jeff

By-Tor,

I did read your Guide to Best Omega Reps article/post, in fact, it was one of the first things I read when I found this site. I thought you did an excellent job of describing the various Omega replicas available and I found the links to other posts very helpful. Overall, I think it's a superb reference for anyone looking for a good Omega replica ... well done!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree w/ your water-use assessment. I will wear my 9226 the next time I go jetskiing or swimming. I'll wear the "Omega" in the rain ...

Also, I have a lot more questions regarding mechanical watches and this one in particular which I plan on submitting tomorrow. I just need to decide where to post it (general discussion, omega forun, technical info/upgrades, etc).

Regards,

Jeff

There might also be additional instructions on josh's site or andrew's site regarding chrono functions. fyi