When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

El's Special Edition 183

dak244

OK, so I am in the process of possibly purchasing one of EL's special edition 183's from a while back. I am not really sure what is so "special" about it, but apparently it is super-lumed, and has shorter daggar neck?? (Please someone chime in if they know...)

Anyway, I am probably going to send it off immediately to have the Cannon pin fix, but was also curious about having the crown and tube replaced. Does anyone know if Davidsen's crown will fit in EL's case (or any other cases for that matter)??

Any knowledge on EL's special edition, or the interchangability of parts would be EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks!!

Edited by dak244

OK, so I am in the process of possibly purchasing one of EL's special edition 183's from a while back. I am not really sure what is so "special" about it, but apparently it is super-lumed, and has shorter daggar neck?? (Please someone chime in if they know...)

Anyway, I am probably going to send it off immediately to have the Cannon pin fix, but was also curious about having the crown and tube replaced. Does anyone know if Davidsen's crown will fit in EL's case (or any other cases for that matter)??

Any knowledge on EL's special edition, or the interchangability of parts would be EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks!!

it's a very good 183! parts are easily interchanged but i've had no problems with the crown stripping on mine.

Check The Zigmeister's review about the new(er) swan neck with the dagger shaped regulator, I think there were some issues with this movement...not sure if it is the same one that is in EL's 183 though...

it's a very good 183! parts are easily interchanged but i've had no problems with the crown stripping on mine.

Great! I did end up getting it. Flav - do you have the EL Sp. Edition as well? If so, could you tell me more about it? Is it just SL and shorter dagger? Or is there something else..

Great! I did end up getting it. Flav - do you have the EL Sp. Edition as well? If so, could you tell me more about it? Is it just SL and shorter dagger? Or is there something else..

it's the best 183 you can get... you will need the cannon pin fix though. if it has the dagger movement it's not the same one as mine. SL dial, AR sapphire. i paid $435 for mine about a year and a half ago then redid the lume in the correct color mix and i fixed the cannon pin and hands. here's mine

203360-1165.jpg

203360-1166.jpg

203360-1167.jpg

203360-1168.jpg

203360-1169.jpg

203360-1170.jpg

If I am not mistaken I think that this model has white RADIOMIR PANERAI BLACK SEAL on thedial while it should have been salmon coloured..

But maybe he offers now a different watch..

Generally I was not impressed by the watch.. and sold it the week after I got it.

If I am not mistaken I think that this model has white RADIOMIR PANERAI BLACK SEAL on thedial while it should have been salmon coloured..

But maybe he offers now a different watch..

Generally I was not impressed by the watch.. and sold it the week after I got it.

Really? That's not good to hear <_< I believe the watch I purchased was about 8 or 9 months old, so Im guessing thats when his "special editions" were available. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Lume looked good though, couldnt tell AR from photos, but definitely needs cannon pin fix. Hmm.... :mellow:

Really? That's not good to hear <_< I believe the watch I purchased was about 8 or 9 months old, so Im guessing thats when his "special editions" were available. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Lume looked good though, couldnt tell AR from photos, but definitely needs cannon pin fix. Hmm.... :mellow:

The lume was excellent... definately SuperLume.

Don't remember about AR.. I think it had.

The lume was excellent... definately SuperLume.

Don't remember about AR.. I think it had.

So the biggest issue you had with it was the color of the lettering? Is it really noticeable? I am not a really picky guy about my watches, but something that would be an EASY tell would potentially bother me...

I guess I'll just do a comparison with some gen pics when I get it.

Edited by dak244

So the biggest issue you had with it was the color of the lettering? Is it really noticeable? I am not a really picky guy about my watches, but something that would be an EASY tell would potentially bother me...

I guess I'll just do a comparison with some gen pics when I get it.

Plus.. it had the wrong handset.. The hour hand was shorter I think than the genuine and all the other reps.