When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Before I Order The Watch...

teknotronik

Im thinking of ordering either a "Perfect" or "Ultimate" Submariner from either TrustyTime or PerfectClones but before i spend the $400 i need some help. I have heard of scary stories of custom confiscating or charging fees in order to get the watch into the US. Im really scared that the watch will never make it to me and i will be out $400. Im located in Houston, TX and want to know what is the process one goes through if customs does decide they want to charge fee, i.e. whats the tax/fee one must pay for a $400 watch? What have been the experiences you all have gone through? Whats the best way to make sure the watch gets to me? Any words to comfort my doubts are appreciated. :wounded1:

I ordered an SMP from Andrew and got it with no problems, no issues at all. Took a week and a half to two weeks to get here from the time I ordered it, but it arrived intact and with no [censored]. I'm in central Florida.

Thats good to hear. How are you liking the watch in terms of feel and accuracy?

Im thinking of ordering either a "Perfect" or "Ultimate" Submariner from either TrustyTime or PerfectClones but before i spend the $400 i need some help. I have heard of scary stories of custom confiscating or charging fees in order to get the watch into the US. Im really scared that the watch will never make it to me and i will be out $400. Im located in Houston, TX and want to know what is the process one goes through if customs does decide they want to charge fee, i.e. whats the tax/fee one must pay for a $400 watch? What have been the experiences you all have gone through? Whats the best way to make sure the watch gets to me? Any words to comfort my doubts are appreciated. :wounded1:

Hi there,

We all have several watches from various dealers which means that customs are possible to cross for reps.

I only have one stuck in customes of Belgium right now.

It's part of the game.

I would advice that you carrefully read reviews about subs though: I have several and just got the "So called perfect" from Paul (wo-mart) last week.

I paid it 149$ only and honestly, I am very very happy with it. Though Andrew is my favourite dealer, I think that 400$ is way too much and I'm not sure his utimate or perfect is that better then my "so called perfect". Paying more gives us the impression it's better, but it's not allways the case.

I intend to post a topic about this.

Conclusion: if you enter the exiting world of replica you should be aware that it is an illegal game.

Cheers

Stephane

Hi there,

We all have several watches from various dealers which means that customs are possible to cross for reps.

I only have one stuck in customes of Belgium right now.

It's part of the game.

I would advice that you carrefully read reviews about subs though: I have several and just got the "So called perfect" from Paul (wo-mart) last week.

I paid it 149$ only and honestly, I am very very happy with it. Though Andrew is my favourite dealer, I think that 400$ is way too much and I'm not sure his utimate or perfect is that better then my "so called perfect". Paying more gives us the impression it's better, but it's not allways the case.

I intend to post a topic about this.

Conclusion: if you enter the exiting world of replica you should be aware that it is an illegal game.

Cheers

Stephane

Are Paul's Subs water proof or resistant? An do you happen to know the diffrence between the W-1801 original style automatic movement foe $169 and the W-2042 automatic ETA for $149?

NO replica is water proof. maybe trustys 'perfect' sub is serviced.. therefore it is your best best for a waterproof rep. but really your best bet is to get a cheapy and have them check for free at the mall and maybe tighten the case back. esp. if you are a newbie. you may have your hopes up too much @ $400.00 and your expectations may be too high... what if you don't like it.. etc.. whatif you don't like the crown,pearl,cg... etc. as a newbie stick to <200USD for awhile.

unless you wanna jump right in on my 1665 up for grabs w/ vintage folded bracelet. :-)