When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Do You Guys Think?

mickyblues

Did your brother get his Daytona from one of the dealers in these forums?

..the watch came from Joshua...but the tip here is to ask form your dealer to testrun the watch for one day just to see that everithing runs smooth when you buy a watch with this movement....Josh always test run the watch he is sending to me.

I've owned 5 of the mod 7750 Daytonas, and got rid of them all. I always feared for their longevity; the 7750 was never engineered for the modification necessary to play musical chairs with the subsidiary output.

Having always wanted a Daytona, I opted to build using El Primero (16520) and Valjoux 23 (6265) movements. If I add anymore Daytonas to the collection, it will be more of the same. I just have a hard time feeling comfortable with the mod 7750, especially after Ziggy's evaluation on the movement...

First its an honor for me to post a pic from my colection Ubi!

Second this is realy a beautyful watch,very dificult to wear it on the wrist(i never had the BALLS to wear this Gold on the street) ....but the worst think on this gold Rolex is the very very bud 21600bph movement!

Also i love this watch very much!

The point about buying one if you love it...but not bc it is reliable is valid. I have a rep JaegerLecoultre complicated and it is gorgeous but very tricky...caveat emptor.

Buy for looks but realize it is a rep and the price point is a giveaway...it is not the real thing and it doesn't carry warranty.

JEC