When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did Something Dumb With My First 7750.

geekybiker

So I got my very first 7750 (pam186) then as I was excitedly playing with it the first night I think I did something really dumb. I think I tried to set the date while it was past 10pm. So now in position 2 the time changes fine, and if I sweep the watch through 24hrs the date still changes. The GMT hand still follows like its supposed to. However in position 1, nothing. No date change, no GMT hand movement either clockwise or anticlockwise. So it still works, but it's going to make date changes a little more complex. I feel pretty stupid doing something like that hours after getting it, especially since I had read about the issue on here before. Any ideas on what might be wrong, and if its worth trying to fix? Or should I just live with the little more awkward date setting at the end of every month?

• 2 weeks later...

geekybiker,

Didn't know the movement was that sensitive. I have the same movement and avoided doing this for the same reason, but it really shouldn't be *that* fragile with just one infraction screwing up the watch...

Try setting the date just *slightly* off of the 1st position (call it positions 0.8, 0.9, 1.1, 1.2 for lack of accurate nomenclature) and see if this makes a difference. Or, maybe it will fix itself after the watch goes through a couple "normal" date changes (i.e. following 24-48 hours time) allowing you to set things properly.

Of course, The ZigmeisterZumba seems to be the resident expert on replica mechanical movements around here(although there are others). Hopefully, he will see this post and respond. (maybe he'll see my Asia 7750 questions in the Q&A as well ....)

Best of luck w/ this issue,

Jeff