When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

42mm Omega Po From Andrew

jacobsrood

Thanks to Andrew from Trusty Time I have been a proud owner of a 42 mm PO with 21J Asian movement and rubber strap (see Omega PO 42mm with rubber strap) since Dec 06. A few remarks after 3 months of daily wear:

1. Order and delivery was excellent - received in perfect condition - thanks Andrew.

2. Rubber strap is a revelation. The wide buckle pin means that very little stress is placed on the strap itself making for longer life. Strap is thick, made of just the right rubber compilation, but after 3 months it is showing signs of becoming shiny.

3. I took the watch to a jeweler for an immediate service and waterproof, but was advised to let it run for 6 months - gears and tooth should settle in. Gen items run for 6 months before receiving a pre-delivery service. Guess I'll have to bide my time.

4. I was assured that the audible internal wheel movement causing a spinning noise inside is normal.

5. Two weeks after purchase the watch was running slow - a fact confirmed by my jeweler whom made the adjustment. 2 months later is was still running 12-15 seconds per day slow. On a 2nd jeweler visit I was assured that the watch was 2 seconds fast, but that one would have to follow a trial and error approach as it was not the gen item. His test bench holds the watch in a horizontal position but normal use moves it all over. Further variations might be caused by gear spindle play with gears moving "up and down" in their guides. It has been adjusted to be running 12-15 sec faster. It is much better now, but still slow. It sleeps in a vertical position and loses time during the night - might be a cause. Hello 3rd visit...

6. The Sea master picture on the case back came loose (from heat and sweat?) after a cycling race. Pattex glue solved the problem. The "elevated" case back is very nice though, lifting the watch from your arm to have only the inner picture part touching your skin.

7. The glass doesn't seem to be very scratch resistant. It received a nasty 80mm scrape after trying to open a window from an awkward angle - looks like a splinter of glass of 0.1mm dislodged. Wonder if better quality replacement items are available?

Apart from the small glitches I am very happy with the watch - hope to wear it every day for years to come :thumbsupsmileyanim:

204713-749.jpg