When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw Dsrd - What Further Mods?

mumum

Currently I have a MBW vintage DSRD that has been modded to some degree:

genuine vintage crown/tube

swiss made bezel insert

holes drilled for spring bars

vintage bracelet with hollow links

paint removed from case-back

new improved 'Clark' superdome crystal ordered

I was planning on sending the watch (and superdome) to get futher mods. Any suggestions and/or feedback on what further to do would be appreciated. I think that the dial markers are darker yellow(more yellow than what I have seen), is that ok? Also maybe the cg have to be trimed back a bit? Thanks.

ps, excue my photography, my camera died so I was using the camcorder to take these pictures.

post-4892-1172010566_thumb.jpg

post-4892-1172010596_thumb.jpg

post-4892-1172010623_thumb.jpg

post-4892-1172010651_thumb.jpg

post-4892-1172010670_thumb.jpg

Edited by mumum

Thanks for the kind words guys.

By-Tor, that is really nice hearing good things from you. I have seen the great work you have done on your rollie and other projects. I would be more than happy if I could at least come close to what you have done (but without having to spend another large $ amount).

Mickey,

thanks for the the tip, will look into it.

Any thoughts on the dial markers color?

Thanks mickey. You are the second that has assured me of the color of the markers. So now, looking into a gen pearl, cg work and a little 'vintagizing' of the 1665. Need to pace myself;-).

Don't forget that the gen dot has a 2mm diameter to fit into the bezel insert . So your bezel insert may have to big a hole for the dot. That is what I found out, so then I searched and found the inserts from my thread which have a perfect wit for the gen dots. In fact the original MBW insert also has a 2mm hole, but the font used on the numbers is a tad to bold.

Cheers :D