When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Fiddy On Paneristi Forum

BWL

Nope, he hasn't bought the 3,000 rep.

He's a RWG forumer who posted the pics of the same watch 2-3 weeks ago on this forum. The original E-series mov't you see on those pics had been removed from his gen 113 (he apparently got bored with it) and installed into the rep Fiddy e0851 case. Everything but the mov't in that Fiddy of his, are rep parts.

I still don't get his logic, after being called on it on a rep forum, he goes off and posts it on a gen forum ?!

Stupid or simply reckless ?

cheers,

babola

Someone mentioned this in the last forum about this guy... what I just don't understand though is that a 113 is a 44mm and the Fiddy is 47mm. Do 44mm and 47mm Pams use the same size movements? Is it just the size of the case that is larger??

Someone mentioned this in the last forum about this guy... what I just don't understand though is that a 113 is a 44mm and the Fiddy is 47mm. Do 44mm and 47mm Pams use the same size movements? Is it just the size of the case that is larger??

Yup, same movement... spacer rings work wonders :)

Yup, same movement... spacer rings work wonders :)

Ditto, spacer rings on older style Fiddy cases where mov't is inserted from the back, and wider inner edge (stopper) on newer Fiddy cases where mov't is installed thru the front (so the crystal and bezel needs to be removed first).

cheers,

babola

Not quite true - my fiddy is about 2 years sold and is the 0117 serial and has the movt coming out from the front - I would say it is the newer versions that come out from the back. I have a more recent 0117 here from a customer and this has a spacer for the movt, and a caseback that is a different size (will not fit the older case) and has the same problem with case/bezel size that he was called out on.

I remember a long time ago now that one of our dealers was selling fiddy's with a gen movt for about $3000

I remember a long time ago now that one of our dealers was selling fiddy's with a gen movt for about $3000

yes, this was river and i think it was 2000$. but anyway on these rep fiddys with gen movements that he sold, the serial of the movement was scratches away. someone takes a closer look and will see that something is fishy...

i thought that the 117 cased fiddys are the 1:1 cases where the movement comes out to the front and that the 581 cases are the not so good cases where the movement comes out to the back... i was wrong :g:

real deal is the best deal even if it

Edited by olreon

Not quite true - my fiddy is about 2 years sold and is the 0117 serial and has the movt coming out from the front - I would say it is the newer versions that come out from the back. I have a more recent 0117 here from a customer and this has a spacer for the movt, and a caseback that is a different size (will not fit the older case) and has the same problem with case/bezel size that he was called out on.

That's strange, because it was other way around in my case...my now close to 2 yrs old 0117/1950 from Eddie Lee has the case with movement coming out from the back...the latest one from Davidsen (again 0117 case) mov't goes in from the front. I know this because I worked on both myself.

It seems like there's no such thing as 'old' or 'new' Fiddy 0117 case, they were simply two versions available then as are now.

cheers,

babola

yes, this was river and i think it was 2000$. but anyway on these rep fiddys with gen movements that he sold, the serial of the movement was scratches away. someone takes a closer look and will see that something is fishy...

i thought that the 117 cased fiddys are the 1:1 cases where the movement comes out to the front and that the 581 cases are the not so good cases where the movement comes out to the back... i was wrong :g:

real deal is the best deal even if it