When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw Vintage Vs "regular" Vintage

who

Of course MBW is better overall rep-base but I think it's maybe good to start out with a cheaper rep to practice on.

I don't think it's hard for anyone to do the mods themselves but there are some tricky things:

Drilling lugholes, drills can brake and get stuck in the case and even drilling can be off-centered. (Use new cobolt drills, high speed, oil, cool off periods)

Rep tube can fracture at removal if not heated first. Gen tubes can crack when inserted if threads not cleaned with tap first)

Countersinking for crown tube can be to much causing a defect on the back of the case next to the tube.

Fitting crystal retaining ring can cause crystal to crack if not evenly pressed. Ring might also need inner trim.

Water leakage if not using o-ring under crystal and glue.

Hands removal could give marks on dial if not protecting dial with sheet of thin plastic

Crown stem removal with something less than a screwdriver 1mm can cause movement to jam.

Crown stem cutting to right length could easily be done to much, whopsie need another stem, 1 week delivery time

Dial painting needs some practice to get good, very easy to permantely ruin that dial trying to remove excess paint

The list could go on with stuff causing headaches :whistling: and of course I've never encountered these problems (haha that's a lie :D )

What I mean is that maybe it's best to practice these things first on some maybe pre-owned vintage cheap rep before hitting the MBW.

(Unless one doesn't care about money and by a six-pack of MBWs to practice on :1a: )

However, I think TTK is doing a great thing for us trying to supply MBWs at a resonable price for us, and since everybody knows it's hard to get them

I wouldn't hesitate a second to put myself on the list for at least one of those too.

One question: everything you are talking about, it is about vintage. About modern Sea-dweller for example? It is worth going MBW?

Never owned a seadweller so I wouldn't know (if this question was for me).

MBW watches are the top of the reps I think.

Had a message from Trusty saying his 1:1 top grade range are going out of production, for those who are interested in them reps.

Never owned a seadweller so I wouldn't know (if this question was for me).

MBW watches are the top of the reps I think.

Had a message from Trusty saying his 1:1 top grade range are going out of production, for those who are interested in them reps.

Was for everyone :rolleyes:

I like more the Sea as the Sub (but it will be very funny all the people saying "it is a fake!, It do not have the lens" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I know about the issues in the Sea cases, but I could not clrify if the MBW Seas has a better case or not (in modern). It is clear in vintage.

I hope someone could avice me...

thanks!

I know about the issues in the Sea cases, but I could not clrify if the MBW Seas has a better case or not (in modern). It is clear in vintage.

Start a new thread then, you're much more likely to get an answer. This one is specifically about vintage Subs/SDs.