When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How To Remove The Crown Tube From Panerai Case

V

most r pressure fitted so for me the easiest way is drill it out but i beleive there is a tool to do the job just havent really done enough to bother with them , lol

also i have been able to wiggle them out before just by luck i would imagine, lol

hope this helps

joe

lmao , or a hockey puck , lol

u may get lucky here and there removing them and then reusing them , but imho u should replace them , im not sure it was pressure fitted correctly if u r able to get it out clean , and if u do im not sure it will seat again properly , but if water isnt a issue for u , u may try pushing it out from the inside with something the same size as the hole like the back side of a drill bit , u would have to cut it short ti get it inside the case and then u may could get some type of vise or something like that on it to push it out (then u could put some glue to secure it back in for reuse) , alot of work if u ask me but plausible i believe(this is mcgyver mod) lol

joe

Hey,

New at this forum, acctually this is my first post. I love what you guys are doing,keep up the good work.

Regarding the crown tube.

Have you tried heating the case in boiling water or an owen, when heated cool down the crown tube with a cooling spray or just compressed air. It might just do the trick, be careful though if you heat the case to much you will have an abrasion in color, it is possible to repolish but better to avoid from start.

I dont know if it will do the trick but then I can't see something wrong with trying or have I missed something.

Jeb

I have once been able to remove the damn thing by using a tool that I found in a cheap chinese screwdivers set. That tool is sort of a screwdriver but it has just an iron cone head in place of the usual screwdriver head (so it actually is nothing more than a small conical chisel).

I held the case in a vice, placed the cone tip into the inside hole of the crown tube so that the tool would touch the tube, not the case, and I gave a single, sharp hammer stroke on the tool.

Quite strangely it worked.

(With apologies for my English that is even less adequate than usual when trying to describe this sort of things)

Thanks guys. I want to try to put a rep tube to a jimmyfu case.. So I want to remove the tube from one of my rep cases...

I have found a great rep crown that it is amazingly similar to the OEM.. But it will only work with the rep tube.. Jimmys is too big and cannot fit the case well...

Thanks guys. I want to try to put a rep tube to a jimmyfu case.. So I want to remove the tube from one of my rep cases...

I have found a great rep crown that it is amazingly similar to the OEM.. But it will only work with the rep tube.. Jimmys is too big and cannot fit the case well...

i DO hope you are going to spill the beans about the rep crown...... :victory:

i DO hope you are going to spill the beans about the rep crown...... :victory:

It is not a secret source. I got two 001 watches from Joshua.. One had the crap regular crown and the other one has a high polished thicker one (1,8 mm approx) with no bevel edges.. I guess it is just luck or another batch from the crown manufacturers... :rolleyes: