When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 7750 Problem

jdavis

I have a Panerai 051 with a new 7750 28.8k movement. It had been in the watch box for a week or so when I removed it to wear this morning. Upon attemping to set the date, I could not seem to find the 2nd indent to set the date. After a few attempts I realized that something was wrong. The gears do not seem to engage when in the set position and the crown free wheels. I was able to set the date by rotating the hands until the proper date advanced. What could be the casue of this mystery and any idea how to correct it?

I have a Panerai 051 with a new 7750 28.8k movement. It had been in the watch box for a week or so when I removed it to wear this morning. Upon attemping to set the date, I could not seem to find the 2nd indent to set the date. After a few attempts I realized that something was wrong. The gears do not seem to engage when in the set position and the crown free wheels. I was able to set the date by rotating the hands until the proper date advanced. What could be the casue of this mystery and any idea how to correct it?

When you tried to set the date, what time was it?? if between 10 pm and 2am then this could have caused some problems.

• 10 months later...
What the solution in this case? :)

Is there a guide somewhere?

Thanks in advance

What The Zigmeister said is correct. I had a PAM 064 and B&R 03-94 that had the exact same problem....I returned them to the dealer and had him do the fix, which I recommend you do the same or have The Zigmeister fix it I if he would or.........try a local watch repair person!

If you try and set the date between 10 and 2 on many of the 7750 models, the clutch will not engage, and it can possibly damage the movement.

Thanks guys but i wanted to know how i could fix it. ;)

Watchsmith or send it back to the dealer unless you are adept at micro surgery. Best ask The Zigmeister for his opinion then.