When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Saw The New Chpard Gmt Diver Today

Category 5

...and WISH there was a rep of it. Rarely does a watch strike me like this one does. It really took my attention.

I tried to snap a picture of it but the clerk in the shop freaked out and threatened to have me arrested if I didn't erase the shot immediately. He then nearly shouted that if the store was to get robbed tonight I would be getting a call from the police. Geez buddy! Take your medicine!

http://www.thepurists.net/Patrons/members/...r/LUCProOne.jpg

I know there will never be enough interest to get a decent rep made, but I can dream!

Decent looking piece -- I'm on the fence about the bezel though...

The Non GMT version ws my annual gen purchase. It wouldn't be hard to rep, having a solid back and all, but any rep will be an instant tell to any Chopard collector...the fit and finish on that watch is unbelievably good, especaly on the dial, and the date font is unique. Still, I'd buy a rep white dial/blue green lume version 'cause I couldn't make up my mind. Anyway, you have good taste...

The Non GMT version ws my annual gen purchase. It wouldn't be hard to rep, having a solid back and all, but any rep will be an instant tell to any Chopard collector...the fit and finish on that watch is unbelievably good, especaly on the dial, and the date font is unique. Still, I'd buy a rep white dial/blue green lume version 'cause I couldn't make up my mind. Anyway, you have good taste...

Actually, the GMT I saw was a display back. The movement was a big part of what i loved. Very nicely decorated. It has a double barrel design for 64 hour power reserve, and judging by the extra small balance wheel I would guess the rate is faster that 28,800bph too (is it?).

I'd buy a rep in a heart beat, but I agree that it would be very hard to duplicate the finish of this watch. It is the epitome of precision, which is also another reason i love it. I doubt you'll ever get a misaligned marker or date on this one!

Actually, the GMT I saw was a display back. The movement was a big part of what i loved. Very nicely decorated. It has a double barrel design for 64 hour power reserve, and judging by the extra small balance wheel I would guess the rate is faster that 28,800bph too (is it?).

I'd buy a rep in a heart beat, but I agree that it would be very hard to duplicate the finish of this watch. It is the epitome of precision, which is also another reason i love it. I doubt you'll ever get a misaligned marker or date on this one!

I stand corrected...the GMT must have a display back. The PRO 1 has solid. The rate appears to me to be the same as my 28.8 reps, although it does have the L.U.C. micro rotor movement. I don't know the rate, but I can say the power reserve is unbelievable: I went away for 4 days and it when I took it out of my safe to put on it was still going strong.