When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinion needed

jdkno

Well while looking through some boxes last night I found my old watch from High School. It is a Seiko World Timer with alarm. I don't have any pics of it yet but it is about 37mm has 19mm lugs, stainless steel case stainless bezzle with gold accents(that are pretty worn off) on the 12, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. Dial is a deep blue metalic with red metalic subdials 12, 9, and 6. All pushers and crowns are gold, as are all hands and writing on the dial face. The different world times are written in gold as well along the outer edge of the dial.

She is going to need some work but I want to get it back to looking good. Now being used to wearing bigger watches this watch felt pretty small on the wrist. I think using a metal band would make it seem that much smaller. I would like to put a leather strap on it and I think with the leather and gold it would make a very nice dress watch plus it is not very thick so it would not interfere with dress shirts.

Right now it needs a new crystal, the bezzle needs replacing as the gold accents are pretty worn off and it has its fair share of dings in it, I will also probably get the dial re-lumed as it dosen't look that good right now. The watch is probably about 12 years old and I paid somewhere around $500 for it new.

So my question do you guys think it would be worth the trouble to get it back to new condition, and what color/type of strap would you guys go for.

So my question do you guys think it would be worth the trouble to get it back to new condition, and what color/type of strap would you guys go for.

If for nothing but sentimental reasons, I'd get it restored. :D

As for the strap, I'm trying to imagine it, but I'd really need to see photos.

OK here is the best I could manage with my phone. I know the pic is very crappy but at the moment it is the best I can do. If you read the description above while looking at it you might be able to make out a bit better what you are looking at.

The 6 subdial is the alarm which has an hour and min hand on a 12 hour clock. the 9 is running seconds, and the 12 is the world time dial with hour and min hands running on a 24 hour clock. the large second hand moves around the dial and points to the different areas and as you move that the world time clock at 12 moves to show you the time in that zone.

209831-16957.gif

Edited by jdkno