When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega SMP bezel

eiriksean

I recently tried popping off the bezel of my smp to realign the bezel insert. well in doing so i bend the crap out of the bezel and broke the insert. don't ask how. but now i need a source to get a complete bezel with insert. if anyone here can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appriciated

Thank

Eirik

You could always try your dealer and see if they could sell you another bezel and insert. Alternatively, you could try buying a cheap rep as a donor, or, if you don't mind spending $200, you could always order one from Ofrei.com. Another suggestion I just thought of, is raymondleejewelers on eBay. Best of luck :)

I recently tried popping off the bezel of my smp to realign the bezel insert. well in doing so i bend the crap out of the bezel and broke the insert. don't ask how. but now i need a source to get a complete bezel with insert. if anyone here can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appriciated

Thank

Eirik

By Tor has written a really good review of how to do this properly!

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/Co...ide-t22790.html

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 months later...

I'm still in need of a complete bezel for my smp if anyone has one to sell or knows of where i can get one please let me know. i have already tried the dealer i got it from, as it was one of my first reps i didn't research the dealer well and he is no longer in buisness. i do think any good rep bezel will work though. and now that i know how to align it the proper way too

Thanks again

Eirik

By Tor has written a really good review of how to do this properly!

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/Co...ide-t22790.html

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Actually some of the bezels on the newer SMPs (not just the POs) are virtually welded on....the case or bezel will bend, crack or break before the bezel comes off. This method won't work on them. More than a couple people with these SMPs have tried following this guide and messed up their watches. If I remember correctly The Zigmeister experienced this too, and his suggestion for changing or aligning the insert on these models was to remove the crystal and pop the insert out from behind, although the hair dryer method will probably work. Not sure if it's even possible to get the bezel off these bad boys without causing damage.

Pick up a gen bezel, it fits perfectly :)

Have a look here: http://www.ofrei.com/page663.html#392

It's the part number OME-082SU1360

I have it on my Omega chrono and it looks bloody fantastic! :D

I heard people have a hard time to swap the entire bezel with the gen one, the only way to make it work is to put the Gen Insert onto the Rep Bezel, is it true?

• 4 months later...
I'm still looking for a bezel for my omega not wanting to spent the money on a gen bezel. i've contacted the dealer i got it from but will only sell me a complete case. if anyone has any other ideas let me know

Thanks

Eirik

Eric, I managed to get mine straightened out by squeezing it between two soft pieces of wood. It worked but I ended up going Gen. It wasnt perfect but it did fit back on and it did have a little tight spot when turning. Also, I gound a tool to bend the inside lip back so the retaining ring would fit. PM me if you have any more questions.

Edited by r2d4

• 2 weeks later...
Pick up a gen bezel, it fits perfectly :)

Have a look here: http://www.ofrei.com/page663.html#392

It's the part number OME-082SU1360

I have it on my Omega chrono and it looks bloody fantastic! :D

I'm interested in this. Ofrei have 2 bezels - 082Su1360 AND 1361. Difference in the diameter.

I had always thought the SMP and SMP cronos had the same diameter, so was surprised to see 2 bezel options.

I have a standard SMP, originally from PT in the UK I believe. It's the standard diameter.

So can anyone explain why there are 2 bezel sizes available, and which is the right one for the standard SMP.

And for the change, is just a gen bezel necessary, or do you need any other parts ?

And - is Mr Repaustria available in general for this mod. or are there other people avaable to contact ?????

I'm interested in this. Ofrei have 2 bezels - 082Su1360 AND 1361. Difference in the diameter.

I had always thought the SMP and SMP cronos had the same diameter, so was surprised to see 2 bezel options.

I have a standard SMP, originally from PT in the UK I believe. It's the standard diameter.

So can anyone explain why there are 2 bezel sizes available, and which is the right one for the standard SMP.

And for the change, is just a gen bezel necessary, or do you need any other parts ?

And - is Mr Repaustria available in general for this mod. or are there other people avaable to contact ?????

There is a mid-sized SMP available... At a guess, I'd think that's what the other bezel is for.

There is a mid-sized SMP available... At a guess, I'd think that's what the other bezel is for.

Hi - don't think so.

I have an old gen blue midsize. It's just over 36mm including the bezel.

The full size SMP is 41mm including bezel.

The crono diver is listed as 41.5mm Maybe that's the difference.

One for SMP and one slightly bigger for SMP crono.

Anyone can verify that ?

Hi - don't think so.

I have an old gen blue midsize. It's just over 36mm including the bezel.

The full size SMP is 41mm including bezel.

The crono diver is listed as 41.5mm Maybe that's the difference.

One for SMP and one slightly bigger for SMP crono.

Anyone can verify that ?

It could just be a difference in what's written down. After all, the Planet Oceans are often described as both 42mm, 42.5mm as well as 45mm and 45.5mm. It could just be a case of one listing being 'dead on' accurate, the other being 'general term' accurate...