When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

By-tor's Bezel alignment guide (Where?....)

stang

Anyone know where I can find By-tor's SMP 300M bezel re-alignment guide? I've already checked...

By-tor's guide to best Omega Replicas (+ all relevant links in that post(s))

I also found & tried to follow these posts...

Here's the information about the misaligned bezel. My Omega guide has the link to Sotirisp's bezel removal/alignment tutorial.

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...23&hl=bezel

&

By Tor has written a really good review of how to do this properly!

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/Co...ide-t22790.html

I even registered for replicacollector.com just to view these posts, but the (above) links don't work, just error messages when clicking on them or cut&paste into address bar.

I found info on heating the bezel w/ a hairdryer for 2-3 min then turning it while wearing gloves (mixed results, apparently). One member destroyed the bezel while trying to remove it. By-tor indicates that the 300M chrono SMP bezel is a lot harder to remove than the std version.

I don't want to ruin my bezel or insert and I would like more specific info than the sotirisip pictures/guide contained in the "Complete OMEGA Seamaster "Bond" Modding/Adjustment Guide..." by By-tor.

Please help and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! (I *did* search a lot. I viewed all By-tor's posts back to March 17th 2006. ... not just being lazy)

Here's a link to this particular article in RWG:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Complete-OMEGA-S...uide-t4509.html

By-Tor,

Thanks for responding to my question. I did find and read the above link (post) but I thought you had another post specific for the SMP Chronograph model's bezel which, apparently, is harder to remove than the std version. I also vaguely remember someone posting that they had to wrap a screwdriver w/ scotch-tape and pry off the bezel on the chrono version (?).

Does the "hairdryer" technique actually work? I don't have a hairdryer but I'll buy a cheap one if this technique will work, since I'm worried about "locating" the bezel properly upon reassembly (i.e. getting the bezel "points" to align w/ 12-O-Clock position). I'm also worried that I'll have trouble getting the bezel back on. Someone at RC.com said he ruined the crystal & bezel trying to put it back on (?...). :g:

Regardless of my concerns, thank you very much for replying to my question and for all the great info you've submitted already. Great job!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Any links copied with the '...' in the middle will inevitably break. Copy the link, not the text

Pugwash,

Thanks for letting me know that the "...." means that information is missing and won't work as shown. I tried the link by right-clicking on it and selecting open link in new window. Worked like a charm. I appreciate you refraining from a justified "DUH, stang" response! :bangin:

Sincere regards,

Jeff