When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Rolex Watches *Bigger pics added*

TeeJay

Here are some much delayed pics of my two Rolexs. The Submariner is 99% out of the box unmodified (replacement bezel insert)

213370-16218.jpg

The Daytona is 98% out of the box unmodified (note extra spring bar at the end of the clasp holding it flat to the strap)

213370-16219.jpg

the sub is ok, but the daytona screams fake to me. Sorry.

Hey, that's cool, I'm certainly not offended by that opinion. The Daytona is the poorest quality rep in my collection, and the watch that gets the least wrist time, as I only wear it when I wear brown shoes. I'm not as familiar with Daytonas as I am Submariners, so wondered if you could point out the tells? I know the tachymeter markings are triangular when most are round, but, on the Rolex Homepage, there is a Daytona which has those triangular markings...

...The Daytona is 98% out of the box unmodified (note extra spring bar at the end of the clasp holding it flat to the strap)...

I like what you did by adding the second spring bar. This should take care of the annoying, protruding clasp issue on the leather strap models.

I like what you did by adding the second spring bar. This should take care of the annoying, protruding clasp issue on the leather strap models.

Thanks, I thought it up all by myself, so I'm particularly proud of that mod :D

I hate it when clasps protrude, so normally, I take out enough links that I have to put the bracelet's end pin in the last micro adjustment hole, but with the Daytona strap being leather, I didn't have the option of shortening it. I had a spare spring bar from an old quartz Timex with a dead battery, so thought I'd give it a try and see how it worked. I had to use a pair of flat nosed pliars to get enough force to push the second end of the pin into place over the bracelet, and I was expecting it to shoot back, but it's stayed firmly in place, and really does the job :)

tachymeter markings are triangular on gold rolex models.

round markings go for steel versions.

the tachymeter markings are good for this particular model, althought bezel is too thick.

The daytona model you are showing is always made of gold. (white gold or yellow gold)

there is no steel version for a daytona with leather band.

and the thing that most recalls my attention is the dial, specially the crown (incorrect shape) and the subdials.

In my opinion, you would be better with a stainless steel version.

The case will still be to thick because as it fits a modified valjoux 7750 whilst the original fits rolex 4031, EL Primero 400 based..

You can also take a look at some of Maciek pictures and his all steel valjoux 7750 daytona (hope you dont mind Maciek)

Daytona post